Level is bringing together talented, passionate people from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates who are naturally curious and love to ask questions, even when it means challenging the established way of doing things. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard, and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued.
About the role
- Collaborate with the product, design, data, and engineering teams as key security stakeholders to ensure security from product design documents through architecture review and hands on application-security assessment.
- Participate in and help refine the software development life cycle: develop guidelines for security-focused code reviews, integrate into the process and conduct reviews, develop and help enforce secure practices, and identify any gaps in our development and deployment cycle.
- Help develop threat models and constantly evaluate Level's security posture to stay ahead of threats in a changing environment.
- Conduct assessments of applications and infrastructure to discover vulnerabilities, suggest fixes, develop long-term plans to mitigate various bug classes, and work with engineers to ensure understanding of security issues.
- Help develop tooling to address security concerns which cannot be met with open source or off-the-shelf products.
- Design and follow a process to help evaluate third-party vendors from a security perspective.
- Work with potential partners and clients to describe our security posture and help address any concerns.
- A passion for working in high performing teams and helping people make better decisions around their healthcare
- Desire to to help foster a culture of security in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Willingness to learn new technologies, keep up with changing threats and apply knowledge accordingly
- Thorough understanding of web and mobile application security threats, assessment techniques and remediations
- Familiarity with Go, TypeScript, React and other modern frameworks and application environments
- Familiarity with security challenges inherent to cloud and containerized environments, including AWS and Kubernetes
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- Protobuf / gRPC
- React / React Native
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible vacation
- Generous caregiver leave policies
- Internal learning and development programs
Level’s mission is to improve healthcare by offering a new way to find, manage, and pay for care. We’re starting this journey by tackling employer-funded dental insurance. We believe that if people have connected, easy-to-use products, they’ll be more engaged in their benefits and make better decisions around their care. The founding team at Level comes from companies that have simplified payments and insurance—like Square, Oscar Health, and Uber. We started in 2018 in New York City, and are backed by First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures.