Starting with dental and vision, Level creates a new category in Fintech to rebuild insurance making employer-sponsored benefits more affordable, flexible, and easy to use. We are a payments and insurance company committed to building financial products which make it easy for people to use their benefits dollars. Level creates more benefit coverage for people through straight-forward plans, flexible networks, and fast payments. Instead of monetizing unused benefits dollars, like traditional insurance, Level is incentivized to help members use their benefits. Businesses also save significantly with Level through self-funded benefits.
Level is bringing together talented, passionate people from diverse backgrounds. We are looking for teammates who are naturally curious. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard, and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. Our creative, thoughtful, inventive team is building sophisticated payments and insurance products from our learning while we helped build other great companies like Square, Oscar Health, and Uber.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with the product, design, data, and engineering teams as key security stakeholders to ensure security from product design documents through architecture review and hands on application-security assessment.
- Participate in and help refine the software development life cycle: develop guidelines for security-focused code reviews, integrate into the process and conduct reviews, develop and help enforce secure practices, and identify any gaps in our development and deployment cycle.
- Help develop threat models and constantly evaluate Level's security posture to stay ahead of threats in a changing environment.
- Conduct assessments of applications and infrastructure to discover vulnerabilities, suggest fixes, develop long-term plans to mitigate various bug classes, and work with engineers to ensure understanding of security issues.
- Help develop tooling to address security concerns which cannot be met with open source or off-the-shelf products.
- Design and follow a process to help evaluate third-party vendors from a security perspective.
- Work with potential partners and clients to describe our security posture and help address any concerns.
Who You Are:
- A passion for working in high performing teams and helping people make better decisions around their healthcare
- Desire to to help foster a culture of security in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Willingness to learn new technologies, keep up with changing threats and apply knowledge accordingly
- Thorough understanding of web and mobile application security threats, assessment techniques and remediations
- Familiarity with Go, TypeScript, React and other modern frameworks and application environments
- Familiarity with security challenges inherent to cloud and containerized environments, including AWS and Kubernetes
- Experience working with highly sensitive confidential information
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- Protobuf / gRPC
- React / React Native
What We Offer:
- Have the chance work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: