At Level, we believe using your benefits should be as easy as buying a cup of coffee. We’re unlocking the full value of compensation by rebuilding benefits as a simple payments experience — fast, flexible, and transparent. Our mission is to empower people to build better financial futures, and we’re accomplishing that by transforming the status quo of benefits.
Level is a B2B2C fintech company comprised of a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Google, Uber, and Airbnb. Together, we’re creating a new payments tech stack to help employers offer more accessible and personalized benefits for their teams — and this is just the beginning.
At Level, collaboration is our superpower. By leveraging each other’s strengths and curiosity, we’ve been able to build a best-in-class product, culture, and business. Plus, our employee benefits are so awesome that we let our customers buy them too.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with the product, design, data, and engineering teams to ensure security from product design documents through architecture review and hands-on application-security assessment
- Participate in and help refine the software development life cycle: develop guidelines for security-focused code reviews, integrate into the process and conduct reviews, develop and help enforce secure practices, and identify any gaps in our development and deployment cycle
- Help develop threat models and always evaluate Level's security posture to stay ahead of threats in an evolving space
- Conduct assessments of applications and infrastructure to discover vulnerabilities, suggest fixes, develop long-term plans to avoid different bug classes, and work with engineers to ensure understanding of security issues
- Help develop tooling to address security concerns which cannot be met with open source or off-the-shelf products
- Design and follow a process to help evaluate third-party vendors from a security perspective
- Work with potential partners and clients to describe our security posture and help address any concerns
Who You Are:
- A passion for working on motivated teams and helping people make better decisions around their healthcare
- Desire to help foster a culture of security
- Excited to learn new technologies, keep up with changing threats and apply knowledge accordingly
- Knowledge of web and mobile application security threats, assessment techniques and remediations
- Familiarity with Go, TypeScript, React and other modern frameworks and application environments
- Familiarity with security challenges inherent to cloud and containerized environments, including AWS and Kubernetes
- Understanding and practice of working with sensitive confidential information
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with all of these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- Protobuf / gRPC
- React / React Native
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first, with an office in NYC as an option to come in
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible paid time off: take the time you need when you need it! Plus, get up to 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- Fully paid parental leave: up to 14 weeks for primary and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers
- Food, wellness, and office funds via our own Level product
- Quarterly company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of benefits and payment
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: