Level is bringing together talented, passionate people from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates who are naturally curious and love to ask questions, even when it means challenging the established way of doing things. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard, and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued.
About the role
- Identify and scope product challenges that are ripe for data science solutions—like risk modeling, data-informed insurance plan design, dentist search optimizations
- Work cross-functionally to inform data collection, productionize data science work, and integrate machine learning into the product
- Drive new features and improvements across all our products and services by finding innovative ways to use data to help customers
- Build the infrastructure that allows us to scale by defining analytic requirements, developing analysis plans, and ensuring data quality standards
- 5+ years of industry experience in relevant roles such as data scientist, data analyst, or data engineer
- Strong product sensibilities
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Clear and effective communication style
- Prior experience in risk modeling, forecasting, or working with time series data
- Prior experience working with dirty or high-dimensional, categorical data
- Prior experience productionizing data science work
- Experience with SQL, proficiency in one scripting language like R or Python working in a collaborative development environment, and willingness to pick up new programming languages.
- Bonus: Prior experience working with healthcare and insurance data, and experience leading a team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts.
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with all of these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Protobuf / gRPC
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible vacation
- Generous caregiver leave policies
- Internal learning and development programs
Level’s mission is to improve healthcare by offering a new way to find, manage, and pay for care. We’re starting this journey by tackling employer-funded dental insurance. We believe that if people have connected, easy-to-use products, they’ll be more engaged in their benefits and make better decisions around their care. The founding team at Level comes from companies that have simplified payments and insurance—like Square, Oscar Health, and Uber. We started in 2018 in New York City, and are backed by First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures.