Level makes benefits as simple as paying with cash, starting with insurance. To make this possible, we’re rebuilding every part of benefits so everyone wins. Employers can offer bigger benefits for far less, members get more freedom and choice, and providers are paid instantly.
At its core, Level is a fintech company with a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Uber, and ZocDoc. We’re backed by Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures. Dental and vision is just the start. There's so much more to come in helping employers and their teams get more from their benefit dollars through fast, flexible spending.
What You'll Do:
- Help develop Level’s infrastructure engineering strategy
- Drive new features and improvements by helping to ensure that our code is well-structured and thoughtful
- Increase developer velocity by automating deployment configuration and CI/CD pipelines
- Help create a secure and stable production environment through network, monitoring, and observability infrastructure
- Build platforms and tools to protect sensitive health and personal information
- Help launch our products and build systems that scale
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of software engineering work experience
- Strong hands-on technical skills that allow you to contribute to coding and architecture
- Expertise with scripting languages (Python, Ruby), configuration management systems (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef), container management systems (Kubernetes, Mesos), and major cloud infrastructure ecosystems (AWS, GCP)
- Experience working with highly sensitive information
- A passion for working in high performing teams and helping people make better decisions around their healthcare
- A BS, MS, or Ph.D. in computer science or a related field is preferred, but not required.
- Protobuf / gRPC
- React / React Native
What We Offer:
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of insurance and payments.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: