About the role: Do you get excited about using data to help change the game for how to connect fashion to people? The good news is that we have tons of data about items in our “infinite” wardrobe and what styles & fit users like. Connecting the dots is a pretty challenging problem but that doesn’t prevent us doing it anyway. We are looking for a key hire to our data science team to help build our personalization engine. It is not very often we get to work on a totally green field problem which has the potential to make a “dent” in the real world. We are looking for someone who has experience in building data science systems in production and looking to take his/her skills to the next level.
What we are looking for:
- Solid and deep understanding of at least 1 Machine learning algorithm like Gradient boosting, K Means Clustering, Regression etc
- Experience working with large scale recommendation systems in production
- Someone who has developed production systems using deep learning, neural networks etc.
- Someone with a good intuition on scaling and tuning ML models in production
- Experience in feature engineering, feature extraction and data exploration using scikit learn/ Pandas, Jupyter hub, Spark/R etc
- Basic coding skills in Ruby, Python or similar modern scripting languages
- Solid understanding of SQL
- Experience working on computer vision algorithms to build a visual based recommendation engine.
- Problem solver who thrives in ambiguous situations
- Genuinely curious and loves working with large data sets
- Balances research and getting things done that impact the business
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Self starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked on customer facing e-commerce systems at scale
- Have experience in fashion or apparel domain
- Are active active on Kaggle or a similar platform
Projects you will be working on:
- Build algorithms to help style totes to thousands of users
- Build pricing algorithms to our unique shared model
- Discovery of items personalized to the user
About Le Tote:
Le Tote’s mission is to make fashion accessible for everyone, every day. Our unique model gives customers access to an unlimited closet of clothing and accessories for a monthly membership fee. We feature hundreds of top brands including House of Harlow, Sam Edelman, Free People, Vince Camuto, Max Studio, Tahari and French Connection. Each shipment includes a personalized selection of three pieces of clothing and two accessories, curated using Le Tote’s proprietary fit algorithm and recommendation engine.
We're using a highly analytical, data-driven approach to fundamentally transform the way women shop. To turn our dream into a reality, we're looking for highly motivated and skilled people just like you!
Le Tote has customers in 48 states and the company has seen 500% growth year over year for the past 2 years. The Company has raised $50mm to date and is backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, Y Combinator, Azure Capital and AITV.