Title: Senior Buyer, Branded Women’s Apparel
Location: San Francisco
LE TOTE: Le Tote’s mission is to make fashion accessible and approachable for everyone, every day. We’re using a highly analytical, data-driven approach to fundamentally transform the way women shop.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Women’s Apparel Buyer to join the merchandising team at Le Tote. This individual will oversee the branded apparel team for both our Rental model and LT Select.
This is a critical leadership role, owning and expanding the Le Tote branded Women’s apparel assortment, and will work with the DMM of Apparel and the Chief Merchandising Officer to implement brand and assortment strategies. You are a multidisciplinary leader with a proven track record, an excellent merchant with a vision for your assortment, with an analytical mind. You are an excellent creative thinker, partner and collaborator, ready to tackle endless new challenges at a quickly growing fashion start up.
In this role you will...
- Report to the DMM of Apparel (Branded+Private Label) and oversee and manage the branded merchandising team (currently one assistant buyer and two merchandise administrators).
- Develop the branded merchandising strategy as a significant contributor to the overall apparel assortment plan.
- Work with a multitude of well known brands including BCBG, Calvin Klein, Free People, Vince Camuto, Levi’s, Max Studio, Tahari and French Connection.
- Analyze brand, category, and product performance to maximize results.
- Collaborate effectively as a partner with the private label design team.
What we’re looking for..
- 5 years of buying experience, with a background in women’s contemporary apparel.
- Proven track record in driving top and bottom line results.
- Strong vendor relationships in the apparel sector.
- Ability to negotiate terms to benefit Le Tote in partnership with branded partners.
- Successful track record leading a merchandising team, able to delegate, coach, mentor and provide effective direction and feedback.
- Knowledge of best practice and experience in creating an assortment strategy.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and creativity with excellent practical skills at getting things done.
- Strong collaboration and influence skills, able to build strong cross functional relationships.
- Experience in a growth stage company a plus.
- Someone who is optimistic, energetic and fun.
To apply, please submit
- Your résumé
- Highlight 2 most successful business strategies that drove strong results.
- Bonus points for telling us why you’d be a great fit at Le Tote!
About Le Tote:
Le Tote’s mission is to make fashion accessible for everyone, every day. Our unique model gives customers access to an unlimited closet of clothing and accessories for a monthly membership fee. We feature hundreds of top apparel and accessory brands plus a stable of exclusive in-house brands. Each shipment includes a personalized selection of clothing and accessories, curated using Le Tote’s proprietary fit algorithm and recommendation engine.
We’re using a highly analytical, data-driven approach to fundamentally transform the way women shop. To turn our dream into a reality, we’re looking for highly motivated and skilled people just like you!
Le Tote has customers in 48 states and the company has seen 400% growth year over year for the past 3 years. The Company is backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, Y Combinator, Azure Capital and Sway Ventures