This is an incredible opportunity to merge your Distribution Operations and Manufacturing Operations skills in delivering a highly effective process that rapidly brings returned product back into productive inventory while maintaining high quality standards. Le Tote is starting a brand new 250K sf DC in Obetz, OH as part of its distribution expansion strategy. This is a great chance to startup a new operation; shape its future and help the company realize its vision. This position will be responsible for managing the entire returns process and inventory control function and reports to the Director of Distribution Operations.
Scope covers return operations, apparel and accessories cleaning operations, quality inspections and inventory control. This is a critical role within the operation and requires managing all aspects of these functions including process, labor, safety practices, quality of the function and productivity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise supervisors, leads, and 150+ hourly associates including all aspects of daily personnel management
- Oversee the hire and training of exempt/non-exempt employees as well as weekly scheduling of hourly associates.
- Coaches and counsels’ employees as appropriate to increase their operational and customer service efficiencies.
- Drive speed without sacrificing quality in getting returned goods into active inventory thereby maximizing inventory utilization.
- Oversee the overall apparel and accessories cleaning operations including associated maintenance related activities.
- Manage inventory control including tracking, delivery, shrink and damage.
- Utilize structured performance improvement methods (ex: Lean, six sigma) to drive performance improvement in all areas.
- Develop appropriate processes in each department that maximizes productivity, space utilization and ensures flow and synchronicity within the DC.
- Establish KPIs and daily targets for team and monitor/drive performance against targets.
- Works on implementing a TQM program within the facility and assure quality of product delivered to customer.
- Work with peers and management teams to drive the desired culture attributes within the operation.
- Establish consistent SOPs and compliance thereof.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, DOT and safety and environmental rules.
- Liase as needed with other functional departments within the company including Customer Experience and Retention, Engineering, Customer Care and Merchandising.
- Work with management and partners to develop business plans for future growth of the company.
- 10+ years’ experience in Distribution or Manufacturing operations.
- Six Sigma or Lean certification required
- Must be metrics driven. Performance management, project management and continuous process improvement experience is a must.
- Experience starting up new facilities is a plus.
- Experience working in a consumer products industry or ecommerce is a must.
- Creative problem solver; strong quantitative skills and ability to think critically.
- Bachelors of Science in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills, excellent organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work
- Adept at MS Office Suite of tools; tech savvy
About Le Tote:
Le Tote’s mission is to make fashion accessible for everyone, every day. Our unique model gives customers access to an unlimited closet of clothing and accessories for a monthly membership fee. We feature hundreds of top brands including House of Harlow, Sam Edelman, Free People, Vince Camuto, Max Studio, Tahari and French Connection. Each shipment includes a personalized selection of three pieces of clothing and two accessories, curated using Le Tote’s proprietary fit algorithm and recommendation engine.
We’re using a highly analytical, data-driven approach to fundamentally transform the way women shop. To turn our dream into a reality, we’re looking for highly motivated and skilled people just like you!
Le Tote has customers in 48 states and the company has seen 400% growth year over year for the past 3 years. The Company has raised $50mm to date and is backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, Y Combinator, Azure Capital and Sway Ventures.
Senior Manager, Return Operations and Inventory Managementat Le Tote (View all jobs)