About the role: Do you get excited about using data to help change the game for connecting fashion to people? The good news is that we have tons of data about items in our “infinite” wardrobe and what styles & fit users like. Connecting the dots in the fashion space is a pretty challenging problem because of the breadth of data attributes but...that doesn’t prevent us doing it anyway. We are looking for a key hire to help build personalization engine that enables product discovery. It is not very often we get to work on a totally green field problem which has the potential to make a “dent” in the real world. We are looking for someone who has experience in building large scale customer facing applications in production and looking to take his/her skills to the next level.
What we’re looking for..
- 5+ years working with Ruby on Rails professionally, which powers our backend. We love the language and take full advantage of its features and flexibility.
- Experience with API design; we build custom REST APIs and also use GraphQL.
- Genuinely curious and sees the value of of personalization in product discovery
- Balances software correctness and getting things done that impact the business
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Self starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked on customer facing e-commerce systems at scale
- Have worked with data scientists on pipelines for model building
- Have experience in fashion or apparel domain
- Have developed recommendation services in the past
Projects you will be working on:
- Build systems to help style totes to thousands of users
- Build pricing models to our unique shared model
- Discovery of items personalized to the user
About Le Tote:
Le Tote’s mission is to make fashion accessible for everyone, every day. Our unique model gives customers access to an unlimited closet of clothing and accessories for a monthly membership fee. We feature hundreds of top brands including House of Harlow, Sam Edelman, Free People, Vince Camuto, Max Studio, Tahari and French Connection. Each shipment includes a personalized selection of three pieces of clothing and two accessories, curated using Le Tote’s proprietary fit algorithm and recommendation engine.
We're using a highly analytical, data-driven approach to fundamentally transform the way women shop. To turn our dream into a reality, we're looking for highly motivated and skilled people just like you!
Le Tote has customers in 48 states and the company has seen 500% growth year over year for the past 2 years. The Company has raised $50mm to date and is backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, Y Combinator, Azure Capital and AITV.