We are looking for a talented design leader to join Le Tote’s rapidly growing team to help us fundamentally shape our product. We’re on a mission to make fashion accessible for everyone, every day, and we’d love to find someone capable of conveying our service through intuitive and elegant design.
As the Director of Product Design, you will collaborate directly with the leaders of product and engineering, in addition to the rest of the Le Tote leadership team. You’ll have a large impact on key product decisions and will help define the future of Le Tote. You’ll have the tools and resources to design and ship ideas quickly, and will be expected to define the role of product design at the company.
You will be responsible for leading the product design discipline as part of the Product & Engineering team, managing a team of product designers, collaborating with marketing and brand design to ensure a consistent customer experience across all touch points, and creating beautifully functional and delightful experiences for the Le Tote customer.
In this role you will:
- Lead the product design team & user experience for a complex product across web and mobile platforms
- Work with your team to tackle difficult product problems with innovative user experiences, simple and elegant solutions, and beautiful visual designs
- Help ensure that experiences delight customers and keep them returning to the product
- Mentor product designers, helping them grow and improve
- Establish design processes and principles that help the team work effectively and efficiently
- Develop a strong relationship with product and engineering leaders to ensure the entire experience org works well together
- Collaborate with marketing and creative services to ensure consistent and elevated brand identity
- Participate in high-level strategic decisions with key stakeholders and executive team
What we’re looking for:
- 8-10 years experience creating digital product experiences across multiple platforms
- Ability to manage and mentor a talented & growing team of product designers
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions & the problems they are solving
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- A cool temperament and ability to adapt quickly to new business challenges
- Someone with a great balance of process and creativity
- A collaborative team player
- Experience with an iterative design process: incorporating feedback, launching quickly and testing hypotheses
- Experience participating in and conducting usability studies
- Solid portfolio of work exemplifying beautifully designed product & customer experiences.
- A portfolio of work that balances hands on design ability with great examples of design leadership.
To apply, please submit:
- Your résumé
- Link to your online portfolio
- Highlight 2 most relevant projects
- Bonus points for telling us why you’d be a great fit at Le Tote!
About Le Tote:
Le Tote’s mission is to make fashion accessible for everyone, every day. Our unique model gives customers access to an unlimited closet of clothing and accessories for a monthly membership fee. We feature hundreds of top brands including House of Harlow, Sam Edelman, Free People, Vince Camuto, Max Studio, Tahari and French Connection. Each shipment includes a personalized selection of three pieces of clothing and two accessories, curated using Le Tote’s proprietary fit algorithm and recommendation engine.
We’re using a highly analytical, data-driven approach to fundamentally transform the way women shop. To turn our dream into a reality, we’re looking for highly motivated and skilled people just like you!
Le Tote has customers in 48 states and the company has seen 400% growth year over year for the past 2 years. The Company has raised $50mm to date and is backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, Y Combinator, Azure Capital and Sway Ventures.