This is an incredible opportunity to manage the outbound operations of a fast-growing ecommerce company. You will be in charge of delivering a highly effective and consistently high-quality process for delivering a best in class order fulfillment experience to our customers. This position will be responsible for managing the entire outbound processing and new product receiving at Le Tote’s 150K sf DC in Stockton, CA. This position reports into the Director of Distribution Operations.
Scope covers order pulling, quality control, order packing and new product receiving. This is a critical role within the operation and requires managing all aspects of these functions including process, labor, safety practices, quality of the function and productivity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise supervisors, leads, and 150+ hourly associates including all aspects of daily personnel management
- Oversee the hire and training of exempt/non-exempt employees as well as weekly scheduling of hourly associates.
- Coaches and counsels’ employees as appropriate to increase their operational and customer service efficiencies.
- Drive speed without sacrificing quality in fulfilling 99% of the orders within 48 hours.
- Collaborate with the Customer Returns and Inventory teams to deliver a cost competitive business model
- Collaborate with Customer Experience teams to develop and deliver an amazing unboxing experience for customers. Work with packaging suppliers to continually improve packaging quality and costs.
- Monitor and manage outbound shipping costs as influenced by utilizing the optimal box size for shipping.
- Utilize structured performance improvement methods (ex: Lean, six sigma) to drive performance improvement in all areas.
- Develop appropriate processes in each department that maximizes productivity, space utilization and ensures flow and synchronicity within the DC.
- Establish KPIs and daily targets for team and monitor/drive performance against targets.
- Work with peers and management teams to drive the desired culture attributes within the operation.
- Establish consistent SOPs and compliance thereof.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, DOT and safety and environmental rules.
- Liase as needed with other functional departments within the company including Engineering, Product Management, Customer Care and Merchandising.
- Work with management and partners to develop business plans for future growth of the company.
- 10+ years’ experience in Distribution or Manufacturing operations.
- Six Sigma or Lean certification required
- Must be metrics driven. Performance management, project management and continuous process improvement experience is a must.
- Experience working in a consumer products industry or ecommerce is a must.
- Creative problem solver; strong quantitative skills and ability to think critically.
- Bachelors of Science in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills, excellent organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work
- Adept at MS Office Suite of tools; tech savvy
- Competitive base salary + 401K
About Le Tote:
Le Tote’s mission is to make fashion accessible for everyone, every day. Our unique model gives customers access to an unlimited closet of clothing and accessories for a monthly membership fee. We feature hundreds of top brands including House of Harlow, Sam Edelman, Free People, Vince Camuto, Max Studio, Tahari and French Connection. Each shipment includes a personalized selection of three pieces of clothing and two accessories, curated using Le Tote’s proprietary fit algorithm and recommendation engine.
We’re using a highly analytical, data-driven approach to fundamentally transform the way women shop. To turn our dream into a reality, we’re looking for highly motivated and skilled people just like you!
Le Tote has customers in 48 states and the company has seen 400% growth year over year for the past 3 years. The Company has raised $50mm to date and is backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, Y Combinator, Azure Capital and Sway Ventures.