Assistant Garment Technician
REPORTS TO: Apparel Fit & Quality Specialist
Thank you for your interest in a career at Le Tote. Our mission is to make fashion accessible for everyone, everyday. Our unique model gives customers access to an unlimited closet of clothing and accessories for a monthly membership fee. We feature hundreds of top brands including House of Harlow, Sam Edelman, Free People, Vince Camuto, Max Studio, Tahari and French Connection. Each shipment includes a personalized selection of three pieces of clothing and two accessories, curated using Le Tote’s proprietary fit algorithm and recommendation engine.
Purpose of Job:
Assistant to the Apparel Fit & Quality Specialist. As a member of the Fit Team, this position works with final stage samples on a daily basis to ensure product meets established standards. As directed by Specialist, Technician helps to maintain site database regarding garment fit and fabrication information. Performs administrative duties to ensure accuracy of product attributes based on multi-level metrics.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that garments meet established standards and specifications (ex: color fastness, durability, workmanship, comfort etc.) and testing for performance under various conditions
- Based on the above, provide technical advice and make recommendations for technical solutions to Specialist.
- Measure garments pre- and post-wash to determine fit attributes
- Accurately enter product care instructions, fabrication, and fit attributes into database
- Track vendor defects among new receipts.
- As directed by Specialist, advises Seamstress Team on repairing and altering garments
- In absence of Specialist, coordinate with Receiving Lead to communicate fit/quality issues to Merchandising/Design/Tech Teams
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is in a production / distribution environment. The employee will work inside and outside and may be exposed to several elements and variety of working environments.
- May be required to stand for 20 percent of shift and walk around for 60 percent of shift and sit for 20 percent of the shift.
- May be required to work with a variety of materials including synthetic and natural textiles, leather, fur, plastics and metals
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
- Textiles and Apparel
- Customer/Client Focus
- Creative Problem Solving/Analysis
- Minimum Education High School diploma or GED; Associate’s Degree in Fashion Design/Merchandising or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of textiles and textile identification
- Garment construction, fit, and/or pattern making.
- Prior experience working in a production/distribution environment
- Flexibility, ability to work evenings and weekends as job duties demand.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to learn to perform the duties of the position within a reasonable period of time.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and successfully manage one’s own time to take tasks to completion in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to read, speak, and write in English
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Professional demeanor and maturity.
- Relentlessly resourceful, demonstrates a positive “can-do” attitude and ability to collaborate with a team
- Attention to detail, willingness and capability to learn quickly and adapt to a changing environment.
About Le Tote:
Le Tote’s mission is to make fashion accessible for everyone, every day. Our unique model gives customers access to an unlimited closet of clothing and accessories for a monthly membership fee. We feature hundreds of top brands including House of Harlow, Sam Edelman, Free People, Vince Camuto, Max Studio, Tahari and French Connection. Each shipment includes a personalized selection of three pieces of clothing and two accessories, curated using Le Tote’s proprietary fit algorithm and recommendation engine.
We’re using a highly analytical, data-driven approach to fundamentally transform the way women shop. To turn our dream into a reality, we’re looking for highly motivated and skilled people just like you!
Le Tote has customers in 48 states and the company has seen 400% growth year over year for the past 3 years. The Company has raised $30mm to date and is backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, Y Combinator, Azure Capital and Sway Ventures