Le Tote is hiring a Seamstress/Tailor for our Distribution Center in Stockton, CA.
The Tailor’s primary responsibility is to sew garments, either to repair or to alter and to operate on sewing equipment. Performs other duties as assigned.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Performs basic alterations on garments including but not limited to, Sleeves, backs, sdes, collars, and bodices.
- Do minor repairs to garments by replacing buttons, mending seams, and replacing hems.
- Experience in spotting, chemical and related wet cleaning processes to ensure quality of cleaned garments.
- Knowing which garments can/cannot be altered and understanding different fabrics.
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices throughout the plant and maintains cleanliness of working area.
- Immediately advise management of injuries, accidents
- Maintain knowledge of company policies and procedures, strict adherence to all Le Tote and OSHA safety policies.
- Has consistent and regular attendance and punctuality.
- Performs other duties as required and directed.
- Operating a Sewing Machine
- Operating a Serger
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is in a production / distribution environment. The employee will work inside and outside and may be exposed to several elements and variety of working environments.
- May be required to stand for 20 percent of shift and walk around for 80 percent of shift.
- The employee may be required to regularly lift/move containers/boxes weighing up to approximately 50 lbs. in a repetitive motion.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum Education; High School diploma or GED, preferred.
- Sewing/Garment repair: 1 year
- Must have demonstrated the ability to learn to perform the duties of the position within a reasonable period of time.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Self-directed and takes tasks to completion.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment and successfully manage one’s own time to maximum advantage on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to maintain positive approach under pressure.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to write and speak persuasively with employees at all levels.
- Professional demeanor and maturity.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to read, speak, and write in English
- Fantastic listener and a keen attention to detail
- Relentlessly resourceful, demonstrates a positive “can-do” attitude
- Creative problem solving skills, willingness and capability to learn quickly and adapt to a changing environment.
- Friendly and gregarious
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
About Le Tote:
Le Tote’s mission is to make fashion accessible for everyone, every day. Our unique model gives customers access to an unlimited closet of clothing and accessories for a monthly membership fee. We feature hundreds of top brands including House of Harlow, Sam Edelman, Free People, Vince Camuto, Max Studio, Tahari and French Connection. Each shipment includes a personalized selection of three pieces of clothing and two accessories, curated using Le Tote’s proprietary fit algorithm and recommendation engine.
We're using a highly analytical, data-driven approach to fundamentally transform the way women shop. To turn our dream into a reality, we're looking for highly motivated and skilled people just like you!
Le Tote has customers in 48 states and the company has seen 500% growth year over year for the past 2 years. The Company has raised $30mm to date and is backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, Y Combinator, Azure Capital and AITV.