The VP of Distribution Operations will be responsible for the ongoing operations of the distribution facility in Stockton, CA and help with scaling out the existing facility plus launch any new facilities across the country. The role may also include interactions with our partners in China, and collaboration with them to help them with operations process planning & execution. You will maintain active and visible presence at the fulfillment centers, developing rapport with staff at all levels, to keep an ear to the ground and provide clear central leadership
Scope covers all aspects of the distribution center including fulfillment operations, apparel-cleaning operations, shipping, reverse logistics, inventory control, process improvements, safety, maintenance and security. This role will be an integral part of the company and play a significant role in designing and implementing new processes, DC Technologies and apparel cleaning capabilities.
- Coordinate all activities associated with the Distribution Center that includes receiving, storage, fulfillment and apparel cleaning operations.
- Manage and supervise direct exempt level reports and up to 200+ non-exempt reports, including all aspects of personnel management.
- Manage P&L for each Fulfillment Center and measure against budget and track KPIs daily / weekly
- Conduct weekly one-on-ones with each location manager to develop strong communication channels and maintain full knowledge of operational and personnel issues
- Coaches and counsels employees as appropriate to increase their operational and customer service efficiencies.
- Moderates daily meetings with Distribution Center and Customer Service Supervisors/Managers on safety of overall warehouse production as well as Customer Service Department.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with OSHA, DOT and safety and environmental rules.
- Work closely with the executive team to establish ambitious but achievable cost savings related to fulfillment and supply chain operations
- Identify, prioritize, structure and solve an array of other complex business problems through the use of analytics and business judgments
- Manage inventory control including tracking, delivery, shrink and damage.
- Works toward improving productivity while reducing operational cost.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees.
- Develop and execute on strategy for all aspects of fulfillment operations and supply chain. Work closely with other executives and department Heads in fulfilling the overall objective of the organization.
- Help expand our Distribution Center footprint in other locations as the Operations scale.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 12+ years of management experience in operations, distribution and logistics within a high volume retail distribution environment with some level of automation.
- Bachelors of Science in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Six Sigma, Lean or apparel experience a plus.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills, excellent organizational and detail skills.
- Ability to create and analyze P&L statements, expense controls, and validate processes of KPI measurements.
About Le Tote:
Le Tote’s mission is to make fashion accessible for everyone, every day. Our unique model gives customers access to an unlimited closet of clothing and accessories for a monthly membership fee. We feature hundreds of top brands including House of Harlow, Sam Edelman, Free People, Vince Camuto, Max Studio, Tahari and French Connection. Each shipment includes a personalized selection of three pieces of clothing and two accessories, curated using Le Tote’s proprietary fit algorithm and recommendation engine.
We're using a highly analytical, data-driven approach to fundamentally transform the way women shop. To turn our dream into a reality, we're looking for highly motivated and skilled people just like you!