The Director of Distribution Operations will be responsible for the startup and ongoing operations of a new distribution facility in Stockton, CA. Scope covers all aspects of the distribution center including fulfillment operations, apparel-cleaning operations, shipping, reverse logistics, inventory control, process improvements, safety, maintenance and security. This role will be an integral part of the company and play a significant role in designing and implementing new processes, DC Technologies and apparel cleaning capabilities and complete the build out over 6-12 months.
- Coordinate all activities associated with starting up a new distribution center that includes both fulfillment and apparel cleaning operations.
- Manage and supervise direct exempt level reports and up to 150+ non-exempt reports, including all aspects of personnel management.
- Oversee the hire and training of exempt/non-exempt employees.
- Coaches and counsels employees as appropriate to increase their operational and customer service efficiencies.
- Conducts meetings with Distribution Center and Customer Service Supervisors/Managers on safety of overall warehouse production as well as Customer Service Department.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with OSHA, DOT and safety and environmental rules.
- Leads training programs in safety and warehouse processes as well as other areas necessary to operate a successful Distribution Center.
- Manage inventory control including tracking, delivery, shrink and damage.
- Works toward improving productivity while reducing operational cost.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees.
- Addressing key performance measures including but not limited to complaints and problem resolution in Customer Service.
- Work with management and partners to develop business plans for future growth of the company.
Desired Skills and Experience
- DC start up and transformative change experience.
- 12+ years of management experience in operations, distribution and logistics within a highvolume retail distribution environment with some level of automation.
- Bachelors of Science in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Six Sigma, Lean or apparel experience a plus.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills, excellent organizational and detail skills.
- Ability to create and analyze P&L statements, expense controls, and validate processes of KPImeasurements.