We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users and customers love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
Attitude is as important to us as technical expertise, and ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is also core to letgo's values. That is why we’re not just looking for amazing “talent”, we also want amazing people 🙂
Are you ready to make a difference? Join us to disrupt and unlock the hidden potential of the second-hand market in Turkey 🚀
If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent. letgo is looking for a Director: Strategy operations. Key member of the letgo leadership team and reporting directly into the CEO, this role will be responsible to design and envision the future strategy, create models, plans and business cases on how to turn the vision into a reality. More importantly help shape the operational strategies to execute the plans. The candidate will also be responsible for strategic planning processes; assistng the CEO with stakeholder management and investor relations while modelling scenarios for letgo’s growth.
The candidate is expected to fit into the startup culture in which agility, self motivation, can-do attitude and hands on project management plays a critical role for success. The role will include a lot of collaboration with all departments across the company (product, marketing, operations, etc.) and across the bigger OLX group.
This role reports directly to the CEO and is based in the Istanbul office or remote.
- Work collaboratively with the CEO & leadership team on strategic topics to deliver high-quality insights and make impactful recommendations.
- Lead the thinking for future investment cases, models and investment areas
- Assist with reporting to management & existing investors.
- Lead market research projects related to market environment, competitor benchmarking and comparative statistics.
- Financial modelling and writing model documentation.
- Assist cross-functional strategic projects to help letgo achieve profitability, delivering expert strategic advice to key business functions (monetization, product, marketing, etc.). For instance, defining marketing or pricing strategies for new products, proposing new strategies to generate viral organic growth, etc.
- Support all aspects of potential M&A processes, including strategic/financial analysis, valuation, due diligence and negotiation.
- Support strategic initiatives from the analytical standpoint
- Measure progress against goals, be aware of gaps and the plans to bridge them and facilitate management discussions and decisions
To get there, you’ll need:
- 6+ years of experience in consulting, market intelligence , a startup or an online business (particularly e-commerce, cars or marketplaces)
- Highly analytical and strategic thinker, with a proven track record of defining and executing complex analysis with minimal supervision
- A genius with Excel and an artist with PowerPoin and writing memo’s. Experience in SQL and mobile analytics is welcome
- Strong urge and drive to have impact
- Extremely organized with the ability to work on and manage multiple projects within tight timelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to move, adapt easily & navigate between commercial, operational and product discussions.
- Very strong communicator verbally and in writing
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Economics/Business, Mathematics, Engineering or related
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Team-building activities
- An amazing online training platform to improve your professional skills
letgo is the largest and fastest-growing app to buy and sell locally. With hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo is among the top 10 apps in Turkey both in downloads and active users since its launch. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings, and reviews.
We’re also disrupting and unlocking the hidden potential of the second-hand car market in Turkey with letgo oto+, a car buying and selling service. This is a one-stop solution for second-hand car buyers and sellers who are looking for trust, convenience and peace of mind in their transactions. letgo oto+ offers to buy and sell directly to or from consumers with a trouble-free experience.
letgo is part of OLX Group. OLX Group is one of the world’s fastest-growing networks of trading platforms, serving 300 million people every month and operating in 30+ countries across 5 continents. We shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything. We help people buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more. With more than 20 well-loved local brands including Avito, OLX, Otomoto, and Property24, our solutions are built to be safe, smart, and convenient for our customers. We are powered by a diverse workforce of 10,000+ talented individuals, together building an inclusive culture around the world. We have the strong financial and operational backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.