Letgo is the fastest growing mobile marketplace to buy and sell locally in Turkey. We’re powering a new, second-hand economy on mobile with a diverse, passionate and hardworking team that’s connecting millions of buyers and sellers. And who helps us doing it? Our incredible Squads! Letgo hires amazing people, not just amazing “talent” — character is just as important to us as technical expertise and ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is also core to letgo's values. And now you are thinking… ‘’How can I be part of this?’’ Let’s us help with the answer!
We're looking for a Site Reliability Engineer in Barcelona. You’ll be part of an amazing team where everyone learns from each other; engaging in and improving the whole lifecycle of Services, abstracting complexity and accelerating the development team productivity.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of Services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement;
- Whiteboard a fix to a scaling problem -- and then make it happen;
- Maintain Services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health;
- Take Operational responsibility for the Services that we own, including taking part in an On-Call rotation, practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems;
- Automate as much as humanly possible and always configure as Code;
- Advocate sensible, scalable, systems design and share responsibility within the organisation in diagnosing, resolving and preventing production issues through mechanisms like automation;
- Evolve Services by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity;
- Contribute to our Internal Tooling set that helps us improve our Operations processes, manage our Infrastructure, and scale our Systems.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- You have a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field and 3+ years with Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems experience;
- You have good knowledge of containers and containers orchestration, such as Kubernetes;
- You have good knowledge on Amazon Web Services ecosystem;
- You believe in owning and running the products and services you build in a team;
- You had your hands dirty with designing, scaling and troubleshooting large-scale cloud based architectures , ideally based on a microservices or event driven pattern;
- Agile is more than a buzzword for you. You believe in self organizing teams with cross functional responsibilities working in iterations.
- You are able to code with one or more modern programming languages: Java, Python, Go, Rust, Scala or any other functional or object oriented language with some credibility and feasibility for distributed systems on a cloud ecosystem;
- You are able to contribute to the whole chain of a dev team’s value chain: from prototyping to coding, testing, integrating, deploying to and maintaining production;
- You are all about metrics, optimizing the products you are responsible for and automating everything around its services both on a functional and non-functional level. Visualization and dashboards are good friends;
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary;
- Health insurance;
- Transportation allowance and lunch card;
- Team-building activities;
- An outstanding online training platform to improve your professional skills.
If you’d like to learn more about Letgo take a look at the other parts of our website.
We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.