letgo is the largest and fastest-growing app to buy and sell locally. With hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo is among the top 10 apps in Turkey both in downloads and active users since its launch. letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics and cars to clothing and furniture. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings, and reviews.
letgo is affiliated with OLX Group which is the one of the biggest online marketplace. We are a global product and tech group with:
- +20 brands
- 15 time zones
- +5000 people
- One mindset
We are a team of 5000+ ambitious, curious people building market-leading trading platforms that empower 300 million people every month to upgrade their lives. Together with OLX Group we shared a common global purpose: “ Shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything.”
We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work with meaning, surrounded by great people. We work hard to eliminate the negativity that holds back so many other companies. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
The Director of Goods Transactions is an analytical, detail oriented and passionate member of team. This position will play a key role to support letgo’s growing business by analysing the local and global market and co-owning Goods TX Strategy for operational excellence. This role reports directly to GM of Turkey and is based in our Istanbul office.
Understanding the market dynamics:
- Conduct competitor benchmark and analysis
- Conduct market research on trends, best practices and regulatory constraints around e-commerce and offline logistics for second-hand goods
- Export local market know-how to Barcelona office.
Co-own Goods TX Strategy and execution with the Product, Tech and business teams:
- Develop Goods Transaction strategy inline with letgo’s vision and local market understanding, partnering internal stakeholders.
- Develop a business plan including mid short and long term investment needs, resources and team structures inline with the strategy.
- Identify best-in-class partners for our Turkish operations in the ecommerce and second-hand logistics space both for offline and online operations.
- Assist product teams on understanding and collating local partner capabilities.
- Project management with clear timeline and critical metrics.
- Present business progress and updates to key partners.
- P&L and budget management.
- Define clear processes and continuously optimize.
To get there, you will need:
- +8 years of consulting or relevant business management experience
- Experience leading e-commerce or logistics sectors / projects
- Native Turkish speaker and full professional proficiency in English
- Strong communication skills
- Business acuity
- Negotiation / Procurement skills
- Relationship management
- Project management
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance with family
- Company Car
- Team-building activities
- An amazing online training platform to improve your professional skills