letgo is the largest and fastest-growing app to buy and sell locally. With hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo is among the top 10 apps in Turkey both in downloads and active users since its launch. letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics and cars to clothing and furniture. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings, and reviews.
letgo is affiliated with OLX Group which is the one of the biggest online marketplace. We are a global product and tech group with:
- +20 brands
- 15 time zones
- +5000 people
- One mindset
We are a team of 5000+ ambitious, curious people building market-leading trading platforms that empower 300 million people every month to upgrade their lives. Together with OLX Group we shared a common global purpose: “ Shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything.”
We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work with meaning, surrounded by great people. We work hard to eliminate the negativity that holds back so many other companies. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
letgo is looking for a Strategy Analyst, responsible for conducting competitive analysis and looking into the Turkish car market in order to provide insights to help inform the company strategy. The candidate will also be responsible for strategic planning processes; modelling scenarios for letgo’s growth.
The candidate is expected to fit into the startup culture in which agility, self motivation, can-do attitude and hands on project management plays a critical role for success. The role will include a lot of collaboration with all departments across the company (product, marketing, operations, etc.) to help drive new projects and initiatives.
This role reports directly to the Head of Strategy and is based in the Istanbul office.
- Work collaboratively with the CEO & management team on ad-hoc strategic topics to deliver high-quality insights and make impactful recommendations.
- Assist with reporting to management & existing investors.
- Lead market research projects related to market environment, competitor benchmarking and comparative statistics.
- Assist cross-functional strategic projects to help letgo achieve profitability, delivering expert strategic advice to key business functions (monetization, product, marketing, etc.). For instance, defining marketing or pricing strategies for new products, proposing new strategies to generate viral organic growth, etc.
- Support all aspects of potential M&A processes, including strategic/financial analysis, valuation, due diligence and negotiation.
- Support strategic initiatives from the analytical standpoint
- Measure progress against goals, be aware of gaps and the plans to bridge them and facilitate management discussions and decisions
To get there, you’ll need:
- 1 to 4 years of experience in consulting, market intelligence , a startup or an online business (particularly e-commerce, cars or marketplaces)
- Highly analytical and strategic thinker, with a proven track record of defining and executing complex analysis with minimal supervision
- A genius with Excel and an artist with PowerPoint. Experience in SQL and mobile analytics is welcome
- Strong urge and drive to have impact
- Extremely organized with the ability to work on and manage multiple projects within tight timelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to move, adapt easily & navigate between commercial, operational and product discussions.
- Very strong communicator verbally and in writing ( Native or excellent English and Turkish are must)
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Economics/Business, Mathematics, Engineering or related
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Transportation allowance and lunch card
- Team-building activities
- An amazing online training platform to improve your professional skills
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics