Letgo is the fastest growing mobile marketplace to buy and sell locally in Turkey. We’re powering a new, second-hand economy on mobile with a diverse, passionate and hardworking team that’s connecting millions of buyers and sellers. And who helps us doing it? Our incredible Squads!
Letgo hires amazing people, not just amazing “talent” — character is just as important to us as technical expertise and ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is also core to letgo's values. And now you are thinking… ‘’How can I be part of this?’’ Let’s us help with the answer!
We're looking for an ambitious Senior Data Engineer for our Data Engineering team! They're a focused group that delivers a large impact. We like to experiment, iterate, adapt quickly, and anticipate the data needs of the organization. We are driving the state-of-the-art data architecture at letgo, ensuring that our solution is fast, highly scalable, and reliable. This allows all teams to make the most out of our data while upholding the highest standards to protect our users and their privacy!
We currently process more than half a billion events every day, covering several hundred types of information, which power all core Data solutions: Data Science pipelines, Business Analytics reports, Product and user-level analyses, or GDPR and Law Enforcement compliance. As part of our team, you will get to partner with diverse groups to get things done, while promoting and democratizing the use of data within letgo.
Your Day-to-day will involve:
- Designing, crafting, and maintaining a cloud-based data platform
- Building robust distributed systems to process large scale data streams
- Prototyping and developing data services and pipelines in production
- Collaborating with other teams to build products for capturing timely insights about customer behavior, etc.
What skills are we looking for?
- Self-paced, proactive, and results-oriented person who can lead a project independently with a high sense of ownership
- Understanding of cloud-native platforms (preferably AWS) and distributed architectures
- Proven experience in at least one programming language such as Scala, Python, Java, C++, etc
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Experience using big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive)
- Querying tools (e.g. Redshift, SparkSQL, Hive, Presto, Impala)
- Excellent written and verbal professional proficiency in English
Nice to have skills:
- Cloud object storages: S3, GCS
- Experience in data lake architectures
- Experience with data governance applied to cloud/enterprise platforms
- Streaming processing (e.g. Kafka / Kinesis, Storm, Flink, Spark Streaming)
- Shown experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases (big plus if including Redshift, Cassandra, DynamoDB and Solr)
- Experience with task orchestration tools (e.g. Airflow, Luigi)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g. Terraform, Cloud formation)
- Experience with any ML engineering solution
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Transportation allowance and lunch card
- Team-building activities
- An amazing online training platform to improve your professional skills
If you are ready to live the dream and apply for this role, it only takes a few minutes to apply using our simple application template. Once submitted online our talent scouts promise to give it serious consideration. We will try to get back to you as soon as possible, and we will respond to every application no matter what.
Letgo is part of OLX Group. OLX Group is one of the world’s fastest-growing networks of trading platforms, serving 300 million people every month and operating in 30+ countries across 5 continents. We shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything. We help people buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more. With more than 20 well-loved local brands including Avito, OLX, Otomoto, and Property24, our solutions are built to be safe, smart, and convenient for our customers. We are powered by a diverse workforce of 10,000+ talented individuals, together building an inclusive culture around the world. We have the strong financial and operational backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
If you’d like to learn more about Letgo take a look at the other parts of our website.
And remember, we are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.