Letgo is the fastest growing mobile marketplace to buy and sell locally in Turkey. We’re powering a new, second-hand economy on mobile with a diverse, passionate team that’s connecting millions of buyers and sellers!
Data Engineers at letgo are a group that delivers large impact. We like to experiment, iterate, adapt quickly and anticipate the data needs of the organization. We are driving the state-of-the-art data architecture at letgo, ensuring that our solution is fast, highly scalable, and reliable. This allows all teams to make the most out of our data while upholding the highest standards to protect our users and their privacy!
We are now looking for a Search Engineer to be part of the Search & Discovery team, to help us on our mission of empowering users to find what they want. We have a vast wealth of data: millions of user conversations, millions of annotated products and their images, tons of user-level app data and we want to leverage it to provide the best discovery experience. This key role will work closely with our teams doing information retrieval, data enrichment, natural language processing, and data science.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Designing, creating and maintaining a cloud based search platform
- Building robust distributed systems to process large scale data streams
- Collaborating with Data Scientists to build services for gathering timely insights about customer search behavior, etc.
- Prototyping and productionizing search services and pipelines
- Evaluating and improving system performance and efficiency
Skills we are looking for:
- Self-paced, proactive, and results-oriented person who can lead a project independently with a high sense of ownership
- Understanding of cloud-native platforms (preferably AWS) and distributed architectures
- Solid experience in at least one programming language such as Scala, Python, Java, etc.
- 3+ years of experience building Lucene (e.g. SolR or ElasticSearch ecosystems)
- Experience with performance engineering, including the use of JMeter, LoadRunner or similar tools, as well as profiling tools
- Experience using big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive)
- Good written and verbal professional proficiency in English
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with Learning to Rank systems
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing
- Experience with any Machine Learning engineer solution
- Knowledge of data modeling, ETL development and data warehousing
- Streaming processing (e.g. Kafka / Kinesis, Storm, Flink, Spark Streaming)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g. Terraform, Cloud formation)
- Experience with task orchestration tools (e.g. Airflow, Luigi)
- Advanced experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. Redshift, DynamoDB)
If you are ready to live the dream and apply for this role, it only takes a few minutes to apply using our simple template. Once submitted online our talent scouts promise to give it serious consideration. We will try to get back to you as soon as possible, and we will respond to every application no matter what.