You absolutely love data (unstructured and structured), testing hypotheses, and arriving at data-driven recommendations that have an immediate impact on the business. You are passionate about communicating insights as much as you are about discovering them in the first place. You constantly ask questions about how to use analytics to improve the business. Is there a better way to identify responsive customers? Who is the best lender we should match to a customer? Are there new data sources out there that would help us make better decisions?
MyLendingTree (MyLT) is LendingTree’s only membership business, which has grown to more than 24 million users since 2014 and provides members access to their credit scores, monitors their credit and delivers personalized credit and insurance offers. MyLT generates >$150m in revenues for the business and provides curated experiences that help members improve their credit profile and financial situation.
The Director of Analytics will play a core strategic role in the operation of the MyLT business. MyLT is a cross functional business whose experience leverages Marketing, Sales, Product and the Offer Marketplaces. This intellectually demanding position leads a team responsible for proactively delivering insights to better understand our members and help deliver experiences that help them achieve financial progress. You are someone who gets excited to explore and can understand/craft opportunities and services that make finance easy for our members.
You can transform business problems and questions into analytical solutions and frameworks. You will ensure that our cross-functional leadership teams have the data, insights, and recommendations needed to make high-stakes decisions. You will sit at the table as a key influencer on these decisions as well. Unlike some analytics functions, you are not a service provider. You're a thought leader to the business, owning end-to-end analytic work streams, defining success and performance metrics, and delivering actionable insights and recommendations for cross functional groups and partners.
- Be a bridge between the analytics team and the MyLT business and functional teams.
- Drive an overall understanding of the MyLT member base, the mix profile, channel behaviors, and economics of the business.
- Work with the business and finance teams to develop strategies and scenarios to drive the overall success and profitability of the business.
- Work with marketing to help drive media for growth, develop new strategies and communicate results; provide marketing with data driven insights.
- Work with Product Marketing to mine site behavior to optimize consumer journeys to moments of financial progress and engagement
- Recommend new strategies after conducting internal analysis, researching competitor campaigns and digesting industry reports, tracking the resulting initiatives and reporting on the financial impact of your work.
- Build customer segments on all potential customers and provide competitive intelligence on various segments
- Lead a team of high-caliber analytic professionals to develop analyses and analytical frameworks that inform business decisions and strategy development, providing guidance and credible challenge to analytic approaches and output.
- Leverage customer insight, customer segmentation, and engagement data to understand our products in depth and identify areas of opportunity. Distill sophisticated data into easily consumable, significant, and timely insights. Champion creative disruption without sacrificing results.
- Partner directly with General Managers (GMs), Product, Engineering and Design to develop and execute projects that drive member growth, retention, engagement, and/or revenue. Collaborate with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
- Be proactive with asking strategic data questions, ensuring that the right questions are being answered with appropriate level of rigor and that analyses lead to clear and actionable recommendations and impactful business changes.
- Apply your expertise in strategic analytics, data mining, and analytic storytelling to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core products to maximize customer satisfaction, engagement, retention, business revenue, and product improvements / development.
- Recruit and develop outstandingly hardworking analytics professionals that will serve as strategic thought-partners across the business
- Set the vision, road map, and priorities for your team while leading all aspects of the team’s development, efficiency and business impact.
- Create a team environment where you provide ongoing coaching and feedback, foster collaboration and innovation, recognize and develop employees, and ensure employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Develop and empower Analytics team members to proactively surface improvement opportunities, prioritize the most impactful ones and summarize into an easily digestible story that can influence cross-functional partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Statistics, Business, or similar quantitative field.
- 7+ years of experience in an analytical role performing ad hoc analysis; Management experience preferred
- Proficiency in relevant software packages such as MySQL, R, Python, DataRobot, Snowflake
- Experience leading and managing the development of analytics to support the launch of new offerings and services across key steps (from ideation/discovery to go-to-market efforts
- Experience leading analytics teams that provide insights for Consumer Credit/Lending/Insurance Customers, Paid or Free subscription businesses, and/or similar functions
- Superior problem-solving skills. You know how to rip apart difficult problems and construct elegant solutions.
- Strategic toolkit. You can focus an organization on the key business levers and not get caught in the million daily tasks. You see the forest and the trees.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen. You build profit and loss models in your sleep.
- Hands on. Team Player. You roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
- Not political. You play nice with others. People like working with you.
- Ability to be self-directed and self-managed
- Ability and comfort of working with C-level executives
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong organizational skills with a track record of managing projects and people both directly and indirectly
- Experience working with digital marketing (PPC) and consumer websites. Transaction-based B2C sites preferred
- Close coordination and knowledge/data sharing with counterparts who share goals and responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and manage a small team
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders, so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders, so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status