You absolutely love data (unstructured and structured), testing hypotheses, and using data to drive decisions that have an immediate impact on the business. You are passionate about communicating insights as much as you are about discovering them in the first place. You constantly ask questions about how to use analytics to improve the business. Who is the best lender we should match to a customer? Are there new data sources out there that would help us make better decisions?
You will partner with the sales leaders of our businesses to identify sales gaps and create strategies to close those gaps. This role is a critical part of the success of our sales team. The goal is to enable our sales team to make smart recommendations that drive partner success. You will accomplish this via manipulation of large datasets, identification of key variables and development of a narrative. You will need to be able to challenge the status quo and influence the organization through clear communication of your recommendations with logical arguments and supporting data.
This role is integral to the day-to-day operations of our business. You will have a close relationship with your sales partners to help them identify opportunities that drive the business. You will own the reporting, construction, and optimization of our sales strategies. You will closely monitor performance metrics and be the first to alert the business of any issues with a robust explanation of the driving factors. You will drill into data to find opportunities and make appropriate recommendations to drive our business forward. You will present these findings to internal and external stakeholders.
- Apply your expertise in strategic analytics, data mining, and analytic storytelling to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core products to maximize customer satisfaction, lead performance, business revenue, and product improvements / development
- Use advanced analytics to identify trends that enable our sales team to make smart proposals.
- Be proactive with asking strategic data questions, ensuring that the right questions are being answered with appropriate level of rigor and that analyses lead to clear and actionable recommendations and impactful changes.
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Finance, and other cross-functional teams to inform and recommend strategies. Influence the strategy, launch, administration, optimization, budget, and goals of the business vertical you support, researching competitor campaigns and digesting industry reports, tracking the resulting initiatives and reporting on the financial impact of your work.
- Daily management of business performance and critical success metrics - including lead volumes, revenue, margins, and related performance metrics to ensure accomplishment of performance goals.
- Become a trusted advisor to internal and external stakeholders for data-driven decision making
- Assess market trends and competitors
- Presenting findings, projections, and recommended actions by building compelling narratives that inspire action
- Planning, implementing, and managing proposed recommendations and projects.
- Supporting and guiding senior executive decision-making processes
- 2+ years of experience in Analytics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Analytics, Business, or similar quantitative field. Masters in Analytics is preferred.
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to convert abstract business problems into frameworks and solutions
- Pragmatic: you know the 80/20 rule, and know when to boil the ocean and when not to. The solutions you develop are understandable and implementable.
- Proficiency in software required to manipulate large data sets such as SQL, Python, R, Excel and build a narrative in PowerPoint
- Ability to tell a story using data
- Proficiency in Tableau
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Close coordination and knowledge/data sharing with counterparts who share goals and responsibilities
- Ability to work independently
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.