At LendingTree our #1 core principle is to build truly outstanding products. We help people at incredibly important and complex times in their financial lives. We strive to find breakthrough ways to surprise and delight them with insight and clarity. To achieve these ambitions, we hire talented, diverse, and driven people to work in our entrepreneurial environment – realizing the best work of their lives.
LendingTree is seeking a Product Manager to own the experience for 19 million people who enjoy our authenticated website. This role is critical in our mission to enable users improving their credit, finding savings opportunities, and planning their spending to achieve long-term financial health. We need this Product Manager to be fascinated by user behavior and passionate about the problems our users face in their financial lives. We are rebuilding our Sign Up, Sign In, and Welcome Journeys while also launching key integrations to grow our Insurance product offering and optimizing our financial alerts. This Product Manager will lead with obsession over outcomes assumed by these initiatives, constantly innovating with partners in UX, Design, Development, and Analytics.
- Advocate for the user in every team interaction
- Speak directly with users to qualitatively understand needs and develop deep empathy for every step of their journey
- Hypothesize, prototype, experiment, and iterate user experiences, improving learning and accelerating product development
- Study data and reports to quantitatively measure operational metrics such as acquisition, activation, retention, referral and revenue
- Own the product strategy, realized through Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to deliver on investments
- Drive product ideation, testing, recommendations, and execution with a focus on user desirability, technical feasibility, and business viability
- Contribute in the Product Owner function of Scrum in Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Reviews, Retrospectives, and Refinement
- Gather, analyze, and document product requirements with the ability to turn Epics into User Stories with detailed acceptance criteria
- Work with marketing partners to identify areas of opportunity and support them in asset creation for their acquisition flows
- Passionate about solving customer problems with a strong appreciation for customer experience
- Previous role in Product Management of software development, owning outcomes while operating with autonomy
- Knowledge in using web analytics tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Qualtrics etc.) and/or site optimization tools (Adobe Target, Optimizely, etc.)
- Knowledge of the Scrum framework and Agile principles
- Ability to communicate technical or detailed information clearly to non-technical audiences
- Intellectually curious and not just willing, but excited, to dive deeply into a new area of knowledge and quickly develop an expertise
- Basic knowledge of financial concepts in consumer finance
- Have a strong sense of entrepreneurial spirit and ownership of projects
- FinTech working knowledge and exposure
- Exposure driving testing and execution for the conversion flow, optimization, and feature development
- MBA or MS in a quantitative field like Economics, Statistics
- Certifications in Scrum, SAFe, Nexus or Lean with exposure to an Agile transformation
- Working knowledge of various marketing channels, their working strategies and experience working with them
- Experience in analyzing and manipulating large data sets to formulate deep customer insights (SQL experience a plus)
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.