To meet business demands we have been growing and our Tech team. We have a new position for a Sr. Software Engineer to own some of our web applications used by our clients and staff, to deliver and manage existing and new Internet products. The ideal candidate has a passion for building maintainable and scalable applications, solving problems, and delighting customers and business partners.
You are able to break down complex problems and you design elegant, easy-to-maintain solutions that are resilient and robust. You are comfortable working in an existing codebase and have the judgment to make necessary changes to existing code while managing risk. You also have the ability to gather requirements from business managers, gain insight into business processes, and communicate ideas clearly to team members in order to support multi-person projects.
- Develop scalable and maintainable web applications. Products may include user interfaces, integrations with third party web services and new or existing databases.
- Develop functional prototypes and beta web applications quickly to support market trials.
- Support existing web applications including troubleshooting, bug fixing, required upgrades and modifications to existing functionality.
- Work with business partners to define/clarify project requirements and acceptance criteria, define success metrics for features to be delivered
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science, engineering, or mathematics.
- Experience developing business applications using SQL Server or other RDBMS and NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of current best practices of web application development using HTML 5 and CSS.
- Strong understanding of software engineering best practices such as SOLID principles and design patterns.
- Development experience under an agile development methodology and process
- Strong written and oral communication, documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience building and consuming microservices such as Rest or GraphQL
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development.
- Experience using tools Jira, Visual Studio, Git, VS Code, VSTS
- Strong collaboration skills and a desire to help and learn from other developers
- Ability to grasp complex business logic and project requirements
- A willingness to question things and voice your opinion
- Azure Platform (Provisioning, monitoring performance, Application Insights, etc)
- Development experience of mobile-first user interfaces
QuoteWizard, a LendingTree company, is a dynamic insurance lead generation agency based in Seattle. We have been ranked by the INC 500 as one of the fastest growing private companies in the nation. We have also been listed by the Puget Sound Business Journal as a top company in Seattle.
What you should know about LendingTree, our parent company:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
QuoteWizard by LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.