LendingTree is hiring a Lead Interaction Designer to join our GROWING team of professionals!
A sample of what you might be doing as a Lead Interaction Designer:
- Own the user experience design strategy for LendingTree’s flagship financial platform, My LendingTree, focusing on the logged-in experience, design system, and information architecture.
- Follow the user-centered design process to rapidly build and iterate through sketches and wireframes (low, medium, and high fidelity) with detailed interaction specifications.
- Emphasize moving quickly to prototype and validate multiple ideas before fleshing out the details.
- Define mobile and desktop interaction models and systems, including navigation, information, and process flows.
- Design user experiences across platforms, for both responsive mobile and desktop experiences as well as native app experiences.
- Collaborate with the User Research team to identify our users, as well as their goals, tasks, motivations, and expectations.
- Collaborate with the Consumer Insights team to understand how our consumers experience our brand.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and concurrently with creative, product, and technical teams.
- Sell your user experience proposals to internal partners through storytelling, data-driven visualizations, and evidence-based design principles.
- Be the voice of the user by developing an in-depth understanding of the core problems our users are trying to tackle, and then use that knowledge to drive a better experience for our users and measurable results for your partners.
Requirements for success as a Lead Interaction Designer:
- Has over 8 years of dynamic experience, include 3 years in a team lead role (with or without direct reports), as an interaction designer for mobile and desktop web applications, including native mobile apps.
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of user-centered design and research methodologies, including industry best practices, competitive analysis, and current UX trends for authenticated experiences.
- A system thinker with the ability to craft and communicate how a single interaction affects the rest of the experience.
- Must have an extraordinarily high attention to detail to articulate cause and effect for multiple user paths and scenarios.
- Must be a specialist at defining detailed interaction specifications for creative, business, and technical partners.
- Must be comfortable working independently with minimal coaching and uses self-direction to navigate ambiguity and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Has strong critical thinking and flexible communication skills (different partners, including Executives), as well as the ability to channel feedback and skepticism into creativity and productivity.
- Can understand business objectives and proactively supply both strategic and innovative ideas that continually improve the customer experience and success metrics.
- Optimally projects professionalism, confidence, and a steadfast, positive “can-do” demeanor.
- Obsessed with putting our users at the center of the business and everything you do.
What we're looking for in YOU!
- You value getting as much user feedback as possible to help inform your design decisions. Read: run user tests daily and talk to users weekly.
- You are passionate about helping people reach financial independence and have deep appreciation for users at every step in their financial journey.
- You are an experienced problem solver and end-to-end strategic thinker.
- You demonstrate data-driven user experience design to transform organizational attitudes and perceptions.
You proactively recognize opportunities to improve the user experience of our products and services, then lead initiatives to urgently bring those improvements to market.
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders, so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders, so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most hardworking people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.