We are looking for Data Science leaders to work on our Analytics and Strategy team, who wants to see the impact of their work by making a difference every day. Someone who understands how to use data to make decisions and how to train others to do so. You will play a crucial role in delivering key insights to management through modelling and forecasting. This position will focus on building data science solutions for various business problems like optimizing marketing and email campaigns or building personalized product experiences for our users. The ideal candidate will have experience of managing Data Science teams, will have worked with large and complex data, and will have a track record of driving data-informed decisions.
- Help build and lead a phenomenal data science team to deliver outstanding products.
- Partner with marketing and email team, and use/implement a wide array of statistical, econometrics and sophisticated analytic methods, including Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to drive business insights and support data-driven decisions.
- Work closely with product team to identify impactful problems and develop solutions to these problems via machine learning and data science.
- Become experienced on key internal and external data sources. Find opportunities to use new data sources/features to improve existing or develop new machine learning solutions.
- Provide technical guidance in to the broader org on data science and analytics.
- Work with the business teams to set a clear vision and direction for experiments and models.
- Collaborate with software developers to plan and construct the architecture surrounding model deployment.
- Practical data science experience with a deep technical background in supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods.
- 2+ years of experience in leading other team members in a formal or informal capacity.
- 4+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis at a technology, consulting or product management company.
- Knowledge of machine learning concepts: loss functions, regularization, feature selection, regression/classification, cross-validation, bagging, kernel methods, sampling, and probability distributions.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Data Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Machine Learning/AI or related fields.
- Strong desire to solve tough problems with scientific rigor.
- Strong ability to communicate complex analytical results in forms that resonate with scientific and/or business collaborators, highlighting meaningful insights.
- Familiarity with writing queries and working with databases, with strong skills in SQL.
- Understand underlying scientific experimental setup, process, and analysis and to facilitate effective communication.
- Have a solid understanding of Big Data platforms using the Spark Ecosystem is a plus.
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.