WHO YOU ARE
You’re a storyteller. You can captivate an audience with your words. You’re a leader, with a knack for figuring out what resonates with others. You’re intuitive and bright. You challenge the status quo—you don’t like “good enough” copy. Your writing is so great that people not only pay attention, they take action. You’re not afraid of hard work and you know how to manage the creation of rich, content-focused experiences that drive direct response.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In this position, you’ll work with other writers, marketing analysts, product managers, designers, and others to produce copy, emails, advertisements, commercial scripts, video ads, education resources, and more. You will be a brand ambassador, and a style arbiter. You’ll need to adapt to the LendingTree voice, then help keep it consistent in copy that spans dozens of channels and mediums.
You’ll own content for the entire organization, ranging significantly in target audiences, subject matter and consumer mindsets. We need someone who can write/produce approachable, consumer friendly emails and landing pages, but also has a STRONG understanding in DR conversion. Some UX writing experience doesn’t hurt either. We need someone who manages content with a mind toward the reader—empathy is always a plus. We want a passionate creator.
WHAT YOU KNOW + REQUIREMENTS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- You’re the organized type. You’ll work across channels, hopping between teams and tasks—your copy often serving as the connective tissue
- You have a strong portfolio of engaging content with direct response wins
- A quantitative approach to writing improvement. Look at the numbers, what was good, what was bad and how do I improve?
- Experience working with, editing, and cultivating freelancers
- Able to balance multiple projects and work efficiently without sacrificing quality in a deadline-driven environment
- Understand digital marketing and the differences between channels. You’ll need to know about paid search, email marketing, organic search, social, and video audiences and their motivations.
- Technology and web-savvy
- Help grow and craft the voice of the various brands in the LendingTree family
- Applicable Bachelor's degree
- At least 3-5 years’ experience at a leading online company or creative agency in a copywriting role
- Obsessive attention to detail with outstanding proofreading, fact checking, editing skills and flawless grammar
- Content production experience at scale managing priorities and workflows
- Passion for writing with a strong sense of voice and tone
- Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, handling multiple projects at a time
- Excellent interpersonal skills and significant experience working cross functionally – should be able to collaborate closely with marketing and product peers as a key creative partner
- Can funnel constructive criticism into new ideas
- A portfolio with strong writing samples
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.