At LendingTree our #1 core principle is to build truly outstanding products that help simplify financial decisions for life’s important moments through choice, education, and support. We strive to find breakthrough ways to surprise and delight our customers with insight and clarity.
Personal Finance is one of the top causes of stress for Americans. At LendingTree, we strive to empower people to make financial decisions that save money and lead to long term financial health. The person in this role will play a critical part in bring the voice of customer into critical strategic conversations and helping to lead a large shift in how we understand customers and build experiences that serve customers financial needs.
You will build a customer research team that will both broadly and in targeted ways understand our customers and support Marketing and Product strategies to build campaigns and experiences to best serve our customers deepest needs.
This person will lead a small team of dedicated insights and research managers to speak to customers every day so that we are continuously learning and improving our key performance metrics like NPS.
- Define and understand customer needs that lead to saving people money and simplifying financial decisions.
- Support Marketing, Product, Strategy, and other business teams by doing targeted research that illuminates ways to optimize and pursue specific opportunities.
- Build, mentor and lead best-in-class research and insights teams
- Deliver insights that drive improvements to conversion rates, close rates, NPS, customer satisfaction, and engagement rates.
- Partner with CRM team in support of the development of valuable customer journeys.
- Communicate customer insights and opportunities to cross functional stakeholders in Marketing, Product, Sales, and Executive leadership.
- Drive impactful insights with an depth understanding of customer pains through customer intercepts using online & offline mediums.
- Lead CX budget inclusive of defining external partnerships for executing research objectives.
- Leverage partnership with Analytics to uncover behavioral patterns.
- Define research objectives and customer problem statements to ensure your team is focused on driving KPIs and OKRs.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to persuade senior leadership with strong executive presence.
- Demonstrated self-starter with entrepreneurial skills to uncover and define meaningful opportunities to better serve our customers.
- Demonstrated experience delivering customer insights that drive key performance metrics.
- Demonstrated examples of uncovering customer insights that improved people’s lives.
- 5+ years of experience starting or growing a customer research team.
- Experience leading strong research and insights teams.
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research.
- Ability to lead multiple stakeholders simultaneously.
- Ability to persuade cross functional partners of the opportunities uncovered by customers insights.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ideally experience in the FinTech space.
- Knowledge of Agile customer discovery philosophies
- 5+ years of managerial experience in CX/CI
- Most importantly, a burning passion to help us achieve our purpose of improving people’s lives through finance.
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.