WHO WE ARE
At CompareCards, by LendingTree, our mission is to help people make smarter, more informed, healthier financial decisions based on deeper knowledge of financial offers. CompareCards provides easy-to-use, objective tools and educational resources that help consumers do everything from making credit card comparisons and managing their credit health to helping children in primary, middle, and high school learn how to make wise financial decisions.
A sample of what you might be doing:
- Efficiently write complex queries on large datasets gathering valuable insights to drive the business forward
- Adopting the business vision and bridging it with the technical knowledge of what’s possible to build truly outstanding products
- Integrate data from different systems via direct connections, APIs, etc.
- Develop reports to deliver helpful analytics to the business
- Automate/improve manual tasks and decisions with a data driven approach
- Use expertise with data to work hand-in-hand with the business on the best ways to solve problems
- Troubleshoot and debug complex logic/code
- Rapidly design and develop features to deliver essential analytics
- 5+ years of experience in database development
- Expert understanding of SQL and writing complex, but efficient queries
- Experience with an object-oriented language (preferably C#)
- Familiarity with various features of SQL Server. Examples include querying JSON/XML, table-valued functions, SQL Server Agent, window/analytical functions, SQL CLR integration, linked servers, etc.
- Open and enthusiastic to learning and exploring new technologies (and respectful of the elder technologies)
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and produce high quality results
Nice to haves:
- Experience with various ETL processes, especially involving web APIs
- Understanding of web development concepts (HTTP requests/responses, cookies, etc.)
- Experience querying very large databases
- Experience with designing/implementing/utilizing data warehouses
- Understanding of a few DBA-type topics such as index tuning/optimizations, backups, etc.
- Experience with other database platforms/technologies (Hive, MongoDB, etc.)
- Familiarity with data science/machine learning concepts
- Experience with a reporting platform such as Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services, etc.
- Experience in the financial and/or marketing industries
This position has the opportunity to be remote.
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.