QuoteWizard by LendingTree is seeking a Product Owner to support the Insurance product development efforts. Insurance is a product vertical that utilizes both LendingTree.com and QuoteWizard.com to help connect carrier partners with consumers searching for the best fit for their insurance needs. This person will have a firm understanding of the product lifecycle and a passion for learning how things work.
- Use market and competitive analysis, goals of the business, and technology capabilities to define and develop product road map and requirements for data products
- Identify, analyze and prioritize new features by working with business units and the development teams to understand customer needs and define solution options
- Analyze data to develop insights into business needs and opportunities for creating and using data products
- Maintain the product backlog with input from customers, architects, engineers, and analysts
- Coordinate and conduct backlog grooming meetings with other product owners and business intelligence engineers and analysts
- Monitor the progress of product development, as well as plan for product release
- Review, accept and provide feedback on delivered work to maintain a high-quality product
- Participate in team retrospectives to support high-performance teams
- Keep management and partners apprised of product development operations and forecast delivery
- Assess the product value stream to identify areas that require improvements
- Measure product performance as well as value delivered to clients to make adjustments where vital
- Develop and implement action plans for building and sustaining demand for data products
- Anticipate business team needs by understanding their functions and road maps.
- Develop the roadmap and execution plan for data products.
- 4+ years of product management or product development experience preferred
- Experience writing user stories and acceptance criteria as a product owner in an Agile/SCRUM software development environment
- Solid aptitude for querying large data sets, building impactful reporting and using those insights to make data-driven decisions
- Ability to collaborate across functional teams and influence partners in a matrixed environment
- Ability to work collaboratively but also autonomously when needed.
- Passionate about product management, data-driven business, and technology
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- Experience leading story writing workshops to decompose projects into smaller units of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Business, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- Experience managing multiple data warehousing, business intelligence or data science projects from scoping phase to production deployment
- Deep experience with data visualization tools, such as Power BI
- Advanced skills in writing and debugging complex SQL queries
- Understanding of dimensional database modeling
- Effective at explaining the results of data analysis to technical and non-technical audiences
Our office is located in downtown Seattle, in the heart of Pioneer Square. We cultivate a comfortable work environment, with plenty of onsite amenities (gym, locker room, lunch area, snacks, TVs, casual attire, ping pong, etc.). Come join a diverse and growing workforce of over 150 smart, driven people.
What you should know about LendingTree, our parent company:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
QuoteWizard by LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.