As a Technical Writer, you will be joining our fast-growing Product team covering the Insurance vertical. You will focus mainly on researching and creating our articles, guides, and studies which explain and inform about key financial products and decisions. The ideal candidate has the ability to do deep dives into various topics and create clear and useful content that will reach consumers.
- Write and revise in-depth guides, articles, reviews, and studies with a consumer focus
- Evaluate and conduct research across multiple sources of key findings
- Understand, breakdown and explain complex and nuanced financial topics for consumers
- Uphold editorial and stylistic standards
- Capture and analyze data in excel when needed
- At least 2 years of writing experience, preferably in a digital publishing environment
- A proven ability to create clear and useful content for consumers and/or small businesses
- Strong analytical skills and experience using excel a plus
- Writing of a high editorial standard that doesn’t require extensive editing
- Goal-oriented and metrics-driven mindset
- A strong commitment to comprehensiveness and accuracy
- The ability to work independently, collaboratively, and lead multiple projects/tasks in a cross-disciplinary team
- Proven history of being a self-starter with a strong work ethic and constant drive for improvement
- Flexibility to adjust to an evolving role and steady change within our fast-growing company.
- This position will be based in Charlotte or New York City.
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.