At LendingTree our #1 core principle is to build truly outstanding products that help simplify financial decisions for life’s meaningful moments through choice, education, and support. We strive to find breakthrough ways to surprise and delight our customers with insight and clarity.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, Head of Consumer Product will be responsible for the product vision, design and execution across all verticals of Consumer business. S/he will work closely with business leaders to execute on business goals & at the same time drive long term strategic roadmap that enhances the LendingTree experience for all marketplace constituents.
This role is critical to drive growth at LendingTree. In this role s/he will lead and mentor a team of 10+ product managers who run the Personal Loans, Business Loans, Banking, Investments, Credit Card, and Auto Loans product lines.
- Define the product vision and strategy in line with LendingTree’s mission/vision
- Drive the product vision across the organization – artfully balancing the many matrixed influencers and decision-makers (GMs, Marketing, Sales etc.)
- Build, mentor and lead world-class product, project and design teams
- Drive meaningful improvements to core business metrics that will benefit the suite of products across the platform by lifting conversion rates, close rates, NPS, etc.
- Define, implement and continually improve the customer journey across the platform
- Build a strong product culture that rewards constant testing and optimization of customer experience
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to assure product innovations improve corporate and revenue goals
- Partner with Engineering on process improvement, product team structure, goals, and outputs
- Oversee opportunity backlog (roadmap), prioritizing projects based on group objectives and company goals
- Communicate both strategic vision and tactical roadmaps to key team members
- Use market and competitive analysis, business goals, and technology capabilities to assess opportunities
- Consistent track record of building disruptive and beautifully designed consumer-centric marketplace products or platforms.
- Strong team leadership capabilities - experience leading successful cross-functional teams.
- History of building strong product cultures and championing the product management organization
- Proven execution against large performance targets, in addition to, success reporting and delivering on key operational and product development metrics (NPS, conversion, etc.)
- Optimistic, humble and energizing/motivating
- Executive-level charisma and gravitas/High E.Q. with a strong POV
- Start-up experience and/or entrepreneurial/hands-on/do-whatever-it-takes-to-win approach
- Technical background (degree or work experience)
- Solid understanding of key principals of a world-class product organization
- BS in business, computer science, information technology or related engineering field preferred, but not required
- MBA preferred
- Experience in managing multiple projects, with competing resources and priorities. Proven success in delivering these projects on deadline and within budget
- Proven quantitative, statistical and analytical, and technical skills with the ability to use insights to make data-driven decisions
- Creative problem solver with a strong sense of entrepreneurial spirit and ownership of projects
- Deep Industry knowledge in one of the main product verticals like Personal Loans or Credit Cards preferred.
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.