You absolutely love data (unstructured and structured), testing hypotheses, and arriving at data-driven recommendations that have an immediate impact on the business. You are passionate about communicating insights as much as you are about discovering them in the first place. You constantly ask questions about how to use analytics to improve the business. Is there a better way to identify responsive customer? Who is the best lender we should match to a customer? Are there new data sources out there that would help us make better decisions?
- Drive analytic insights and provide recommendations to support development of the strategy, launch, administration, optimization, budget and P&L of your business vertical.
- Daily management of performance, including lead volumes, revenue, margins, and related performance metrics, to ensure accomplishment of performance goals.
- Provide focused analysis of data attributes to understand patterns and trends, and offer insights to maximize business revenue and product improvements / development.
- Recommend new strategies after conducting internal analysis, researching competitor campaigns and digesting industry reports, tracking the resulting initiatives and reporting on the financial impact of your work.
- Develop analytical frameworks and models to optimize company profit and vertical performance.
- Work with marketing channel heads to help drive media to grow new business verticals.
- Collaborate with marketing and product team members in communicating results and SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) analysis.
- Become proficient in digital analytics tools to track and understand full-funnel performance.
- Off the charts analytical problem solver. You have a giant brain.
- Superior problem-solving skills. You know how to rip apart difficult problems and construct elegant solutions.
- Strategic toolkit: you can focus an organization on the key business levers and not get caught in the million daily tasks. You see the forest and the trees.
- Pragmatic: you know the 80/20 rule, and know when to boil the ocean and when not to. The solutions you develop are understandable and implementable.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business insight. You build profit and loss models in your sleep.
- Hands on.
- Proactive.You check in regularly with your boss, but you can run with a ton of autonomy.
- Great teammate.
- Not political.
- You play nice with others. People like working with you.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Statistics, Business, or similar quantitative field.
- 3+ years’ experience in an analytical role performing ad hoc analysis
- Proficiency in relevant software packages such as MySQL, Python, Excel, Access, Exchange Cube
- Strong organizational skills with a track record of managing projects
- Experience working with digital marketing (PPC) and consumer websites. Transaction-based B2C sites preferred
- Close coordination and knowledge/data sharing with counterparts who share goals and responsibilities
- Ability to work independently
- Competitive Spirit
- Inquisitive mind
- Desire to roll up your sleeves and dig into the work
- Ability and comfort of working with C-level executives
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders, so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders, so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.