**Note: Unfortunately, Summer Internships at LendingTree are not open to students who will require sponsorship now or at any point in the future. Thank you.**
Our former Summer Interns will tell you, LendingTree’s Internship Program is selective, challenging and structured to push the limits of what they thought they could do - and they wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. Are there easier ways to spend your summer? Absolutely. But a LendingTree Internship will help you grow professionally and also get you closer to landing a phenomenal job once you graduate – maybe even with LendingTree. Here’s what you can expect:
- Real work. The only person you’ll be getting coffee for at LendingTree is yourself. You’ll be doing professional level work that will have a real impact on the business
- Training. Sure you’ll learn a ton of industry skills as you contribute to your team every day, but you’ll also go through specific training on: creating a great resume and LinkedIn profile, getting interviews and how to handle them, how to give a great presentation and more
- You’re not alone. In addition to the support from your team you’ll be assigned a Mentor outside of your department who will guide you and mentor you throughout the summer
- End of summer presentation. At the end of the summer every Intern will give a PPT presentation to Executives which will include a summary of what you accomplished, what you learned and 2 ideas that will either make the company money or save the company money
- Creating data driven studies related to personal finance and debt trends for publication and dissemination in the media (including: student debt, credit card usage, credit score patterns, and local economic trends)
- Pitching study ideas that the general public would find compelling
- Finding novel ways to use public and proprietary company data to create unique research findings
- Publishing articles under your own name (if desired) across multiple outlets (including: Student Loan Hero, MagnifyMoney and LendingTree.com, among others)
- Communicating results and designing graphics to shape final articles about your findings by other writers
- Speaking with media outreach and possibly reporters to explain the significance of your findings
- Interacting with professionals in multiple departments to shepherd your work from idea to publication (including: research, editors and media outreach)
- Very bright (3.5+ GPA required) undergrad or grad student who will be graduating in December 2020 or May 2021 (GPA must be listed on your resume to be considered)
- Preferred majors include: economics, journalism, finance, statistics, math, computer science, sociology or other empirically-based disciplines
- Very proficient in Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables and VLOOKUPs)
- Experience working with large amounts of data
- Very strong writing skills – writing examples will be requested
- Interest in personal and household finance issues
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and GET STUFF DONE!
- We’re making a real difference in the financial lives of consumers. The work you’ll do here matters
- Chance to work with top professionals who previously worked for other leading technology companies like Google, Apple, Microsoft and LinkedIn
- Unique entrepreneurial environment filled with flip-flops, t-shirts and people that take their job seriously. LendingTree is a start-up company in publicly traded suit. Read: we have a lot of fun and can afford the latest toys
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.