The primary purpose of this position is to counsel the company on data privacy, security and consumer finance legal and regulatory risks.
- Advise on legal and regulatory developments impacting data privacy and security, including identifying trends and potential impacts on business activities.
- Help ensure adherence to data privacy and security laws, including GLBA, CCPA, CAN-SPAM, HIPAA, and other applicable laws.
- Support business clients by providing legal counsel on lending issues including residential mortgages, small-business, unsecured, and indirect-auto, as well as insurance, investment advising, and credit counseling.
- Help ensure adherence to consumer protection laws, including UDAAP, TILA, RESPA, FCRA, ECOA and other state and federal statutes.
- Seek out and raise legal and regulatory risks associated with various strategic initiatives so that business clients can properly weigh those risks when building new products.
- Assess laws and regulations, and work with business partners to enable the development of business initiatives.
- Assist in responding to federal and state inquires.
- J.D. from ABA-accredited law school.
- Active state bar membership.
- 5+ years of experience in counseling business clients on legal, regulatory and reputational risks with expertise related to consumer finance, data privacy or security.
- Experience in FinTech a plus.
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial decisions.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial decisions.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.