- Credit/Billing/Cash Receipts/Collection
- Process new customer credit applications, including analyzing current credit data and financial statements of customers to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit
- Complete customer set-up in ERP system
- Ensure compliance with company Credit policy, raise exceptions for management approval
- Process all forms of cash receipts (including credit card, ACH, wires, manual checks), post customer payments to A/R ledger and prepare cash receipts journal entries for posting to G/L
- Research and resolve credit card denials and chargebacks.
- Undertake daily collection activities to ensure timely payment and make recommendations to management of necessary escalated collection action, including sending customer dunning letters, making collections calls and working with third party collections
- Vigorously monitor AR aging and make recommendations to resolve past due balances and bad debt write-offs
- Assist as required in weekly/monthly billing, including billing related journal entry preparation.
- Customer Service
- Serve as a primary point of contact for internal and external customers to resolve billing and payment issues
- Provide outstanding customer service including timely and effective handling of customer requests via email and phone calls and requests from internal sales and operations as appropriate
- General Accounting and Month End Activities
- Ensure GAAP compliance in revenue and accounts receivable
- Performs assigned account reconciliations
- Prepares assigned journal entries
- Compile information for management reporting
- Accounting system/process
- Assists in accounting system maintenance and process improvements
- Troubleshoots technology issues and coordinate with appropriate staff
- Other duties
- Assist management in new business projects/processes
- Assist in any assigned accounting related projects
- Assist in audits as needed
- Any other duties assigned by management
Experience / Training / Education:
- 2+ years in related field, including credit collections, accounting or similar field
- Four-year degree in meaningful field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Outstanding work ethic
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Strong negotiation skills
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Computer skills: MS Word, intermediate to advanced MS Excel, intermediate to advanced MS Outlook, intermediate knowledge of Internet.
- Experience with system and manually generated billing and lockbox/credit card payments.
- Thorough working knowledge of accounts receivable and/or billing with significant. understanding of General Ledger impact. Experience in an accounts receivable system with demonstrated understanding of how the system functions and processes data.
- Ability to research and analyze various different types of data information.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction.
- Ability to interpret and apply required policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are essential for success in this position.
LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name (our brand recognition rivals Bank of America and Wells Fargo). Today we do much more than mortgages. We are the #1 online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and insurance. We have established relationships with millions of customers who engage with us through our My LendingTree portal, giving them access to free credit scores and money saving alerts. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives.
We’re publicly traded (TREE), we’re financially sound and we’re in the top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place!
We’re a fast-paced company with an ambitious bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most hardworking people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.