WHO WE ARE
At CompareCards, by LendingTree, our mission is to help people make smarter, more informed, healthier financial decisions based on deeper knowledge of financial offers. CompareCards provides easy-to-use, objective tools and educational resources that help consumers do everything from making credit card comparisons and managing their credit health to helping children in primary, middle, and high school learn how to make wise financial decisions.
- Develop complex algorithms to solve business needs (e.g. how to match a customer to the best possible partner given the strict criteria of both.)
- Work hand-in-hand with the business on the best ways to solve problems (one day you could be improving the performance of the customer experience, the next you might be developing functionality that provides complex analytics for the business.)
- Leveraging the latest technologies in PHP, VueJS, MongoDB, Redis, and AWS to build enterprise-wide, scalable systems.
- Rapidly design and develop application functionality to satisfy various business needs
- Automate integrations with third party APIs
- Efficiently retrieve, calculate, and present data for analysis
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Strong OOP experience, preferably in various programming languages, particularly PHP
- Experience in multiple PHP frameworks (we use Laravel, Symfony, and Slim)
- Ability to design and develop complex algorithms
- Proficiency in various flavors of the SQL language (MSSQL, MySQL)
- Experience developing and utilizing RESTful APIs
- Open and enthusiastic to learning and exploring new technologies (and respectful of the elder technologies)
- Strong documentation skills
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and produce high quality results
- Strong understanding of set-based SQL theory
- Experience with designing/implementing/utilizing data marts
- Experience with some reporting platform (highcharts, tableau, SSRS, other)
- Experience architecting distributed multi-node, load-balanced applications
- Experience in the financial industry
- Chance to work with top Software Engineers with a focus for all things tech – Our DevOps team includes a member who literally wrote the book on Ansible and IT Automation and our staff also includes a resident IoT expert with IMDB credit to his name.
- Unique entrepreneurial environment. We’re a start-up company in a publicly traded suit Read: we have a lot of fun and can afford the grown-up toys.
- We’re making a real difference in the financial lives of millions of consumers. The work we do here matters.
- Dress code – we don’t have one. (Flip flops, shorts, jeans… whatever.)
- We don't even keep track of how many paid vacation days you take. (of course your manager's approval is needed before you take off on that family vacation.)
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.