**Online Portfolio Required. Please submit with application**
WHO WE ARE
We’re CompareCards, the scrappy, extremely motivated and high performing credit card business of LendingTree. We’re one of the industry’s leaders when it comes to credit card comparison, and we’re growing again. If you’re looking for an opportunity to work in a small, dynamic, highly collaborative start-up business, but is backed up by a powerhouse FinTech company, then you’ve come to the right place.
We are seeking a hardworking full-time, Sr. Visual UI Designer/Creative Manager to collaborate with product managers and interaction designers to produce intuitive, delightful, and self-evident user interfaces.
The primary role of this position is to be the creative lead for all of CompareCards as integrated branch of the greater LendingTree Creative team in Charlotte, NC. You will work side-by-side with the CompareCards Product leads and Marketers by bringing their concepts to life, as well as contributing great ideas that will help execute company initiatives. As the CompareCards creative lead, you will help run the brand as well as mentoring your creative teammates. You will be the creative face of the company while working directly with the Senior Creative Director of LendingTree.
The work you do here actually gets produced and tested. Have an idea? Create it and we’ll have it live in no time. We move fast with little hierarchy. We A/B test everything, so there’s no shortage of work. You’re the first line of creativity, ideating, iterating, and producing user interactions that help users seamlessly get through the process with ease and delight. For this role, we are seeking a candidate who loves all aspects of design and product development. You’ll be a leader with vision. We expect you to think conceptually, have a true understanding of web, and execute pixel perfect, precise designs.
- Work closely with the members to focus on and live-and-breath new products ideas, new features and improved customer interactions, all while adhering to the growing brand and style guidelines
- Produce truly responsive and appealing mobile first designs, that hold up on Desktop and Tablet
- Be involved with concept testing to learn what the consumers actually want, and be able to adjust accordingly
- Act as the creative leader/representative for CompareCards when working with LendingTree creative leadership
- Work with front-end developers (also on the Creative team) to ensure the final product adheres to your original creative vision
- Maintain web and brand standards and keep up-to-date with new technologies and user interface and interaction trends
- Brainstorm, concept, and collaborate with the Creative Team
- Work with internal customers to determine project goals, establish deliverables and set timeframes, all with a “customer first” attitude
- Have a passion for design and creativity, pushing the boundaries of existing creative, and be eager to explore new concepts: help grow and shape the CompareCards brand ongoing
- Have the ability to manage your own projects from concept to execution
- Be a strategic design thinker
- Truly think “mobile first”
- Have a passion for data visualization
- Bring a unique outsider perspective of our consumers and how they interact with our advertising, products and marketing efforts.
- Graduated from a 4-year school with a graphic design degree (or close equivalent) and over 5 years experience, including web and mobile design
- Has a portfolio of stellar web/mobile design that demonstrates excellent design principles, and problem solving through visual communication
- Maintain a high production rate while working remotely
- Ability to communicate openly and routinely with creative leadership in Charlotte, NC
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and significant experience working cross functionally – should be able to collaborate closely with Marketing, Product, and Tech peers as a key creative partner
- Can understand business objectives and proactively contribute both strategic and design ideas
- Interested in the analytics associated with the creatives you produce and test, to improve designs by making small but significant changes
- Is able to work in a fast-paced team environment and juggle multiple projects at once
- Can funnel constructive criticism into new ideas
- Be able to provide positive creative and constructive feedback to coworkers
- Act as a positive role model for other coworkers and designers
- Produces quick and dirty concepts for review and testing before driving full speed ahead
- Front-end development knowledge is a huge plus
- Management experience is a huge plus
- Expert knowledge of Sketch
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Keen eye for stellar visual design including graphic design, layout, hierarchy, etc.
- Knowledge of responsive design and responsive frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Experience using Invision or other prototyping tools
- A link to your online portfolio (***this is an absolute must)
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
- This position offers a competitive salary for a Sr. Designer with 5+ years of experience
- We offer all of the regular perks (i.e. medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, etc.), plus a few unique ones including “unlimited” time off, bi-annual bonuses, company stock, full-time personal trainer, yoga instructor, etc.)
- Dress code – we don’t have one. (Flip flops, shorts, jeans…whatever.)
- Work in a start-up environment within a huge, established brand
- Work in Chicago for one of the fastest growing companies in the nation
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.