As LendingTree's Assistant General Counsel – Corporate Transactions, you will support of corporate development and corporate transactions activities, as part of the Legal team. You'll work closely with our corporate development team, accounting, finance, investor relations and business teams.
- Be responsible for the process of contract drafting and negotiation (including, but not limited to letters of intent, nondisclosure agreements, engagement letters, purchase agreements and related ancillary documentation).
- You will provide counsel and legal support to Corporate Development with respect to day-to-day M&A activity. This includes confidentiality agreements, transaction structure, legal due diligence process and findings, contract terms, regulatory approval process, oversight and communication with outside counsel.
- Direct post-transaction integration matters for the legal department.
- Increase efficiencies of our outside counsel partnership.
- Explain M&A legal issues to cross-functional teams who possess varying degrees of sophistication about legal matters.
- Guide teams to ensure compliance with contract provisions, and applicable laws, rules and regulations
- Flex into other areas, including negotiation and drafting of complex contracts, financing documents, and SEC filings, as needed
- Draft, negotiate and advise on a variety of contracts, including procurement, software licensing, lead generation, and other agreements.
- Identify and resolve issues, consistently gauging associated risks.
- JD Degree
- Current, active law license
- 3-5 years experience in corporate transactional practice at mid- to large firm, in-house, or a combination thereof.
- Ability to adapt well to change, multi-task, make effective decisions in a dynamic environment. Respond with a sense of urgency and deliver results.
- You're able to balance numerous short-term and long-term responsibilities with shifting prioritization.
- You have strong contract writing and negotiation skills, as well as and experience advising business partners on complex corporate transactions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical-thinking skills
LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, the Company has facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name (our brand recognition rivals Bank of America and Wells Fargo). Today we do much more than mortgages. We are the #1 online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and insurance. We have established relationships with millions of customers who engage with us through our My LendingTree portal, giving them access to free credit scores and money saving alerts. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives.
LendingTree is publicly traded (TREE), financially sound and in the top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place!
Our clothes are casual and relaxed, and our work ethic is highly professional. It is LendingTree's culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, express their opinions, and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our goals. We also have a lot of fun together. We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, results oriented Rock Stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.