Do you love to negotiate at the car dealership? Are you the friend everyone calls when they have a problem to solve? How many times have you analyzed your car insurance rates against the market—this quarter? Are you comfortable in uncomfortable situations? Are you asked to dial back your competitive nature, even when playing cards with Grandma?
If you’ve said yes to (at least three of) these questions, then this is a great opportunity for you! Responsible for acting as a strategic business partner to multiple departments and functions across the company, you will be joining a high impact team in a fast-paced environment that continues to evolve. The right person will hold him/herself to a higher standard than most, have a real passion for getting results and value exceeding customer expectations.
- Directly support internal customers’ needs related to the sourcing of goods and services.
- Run and drive the Source-to-Contract process: from receipt of business requirements to drafting RFx, negotiating terms, redlining and shepherding contract to signature.
- Act as liaison with other key partners (Legal, Compliance, Information Security, Accounting, etc.)
- Develop and deliver training to customers about the Procurement process, related tools, etc.
- Use Spend Analytics and Sourcing platform to identify new opportunities and increase value delivered by Spend Management function.
- Continuously evaluate ways to improve processes and gain efficiencies in day-to-day activities, as well as larger-scale, complex projects.
Education / Experience / Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Supply Chain or related business field.
- 7+ years related experience.
- Experience negotiating large, complex contracts.
- Experience sourcing Technology, Facilities and Marketing a plus.
- CPSM (or similar certification) preferred.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- You study the price tags at the store to calculate the cost per square inch of scotch tape to make the right selection and get the best deal.
- Strong strategic sourcing, project management, financial analysis, business and contract negotiation skills.
- Compelling influencing and persuasion skills.
- Demonstrate high Emotional Intelligence.
- A strategic thinker who takes a holistic viewpoint and is comfortable challenging others.
- Ability to deliver results in a changing environment where flexibility is needed to meet the demands of various priorities and deadlines.
- You ALWAYS get the bigger piece of the wishbone.
LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name (our brand recognition rivals Bank of America and Wells Fargo). Today we do much more than mortgages. We are the #1 online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and insurance. We have established relationships with millions of customers who engage with us through our My LendingTree portal, giving them access to free credit scores and money saving alerts. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives.
We’re publicly traded (TREE), we’re financially sound and we’re in the top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place!
Our clothes are casual and relaxed, and our work ethic is highly professional. It is our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, express their perspectives, and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our goals. We also have a lot of fun together! We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, results-driven Rock Stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.