We are seeking talented freelance writers with proven track records covering the auto industry. We're primarily looking for someone with experience covering auto financing, though stories may also cover car buying best-practices and make and model reviews.
- Working knowledge of auto financing, including direct and indirect lending, refinancing and the process of car purchase and leasing.
- Familiarity with car manufacturers is a plus. If you know: what a “hot” hatchback is, the maximum towing capacity of a Ford 150 and the differences between all-wheel, four-wheel, front-wheel and rear-wheel drive, we’re looking for you.
- Demand rigorous sourcing from pieces you edit
- Please include examples of your auto finance writing
- 2-5 years professional experience in journalism or content marketing, with a preference those with a background in business/finance reporting.
- The writer will be expected to write stories motivated by our internal SEO/keyword research as well as pitch their own ideas for original creative stories.
- Must turn in clean copy that doesn’t require extensive edits and changes.
- Ability to rigorously source articles.
- We are looking for someone who is easy to work with and will take edits well, as we take the quality of our work very seriously.
- You are organized, meet deadlines, and approach hard work with a positive outlook.
- This position will be based in Charlotte or New York City.
LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name and today we do much more than mortgages. We are the #1 online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and insurance. We have established relationships with millions of customers who engage with us through our My LendingTree portal, giving them access to free credit scores and money saving alerts. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives. We’re publicly traded (TREE), we’re financially sound and we’re in the top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place.
Our clothes are casual and relaxed, and our work ethic is highly professional. It is our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, express their opinions, and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our ambitious goals. We also have a lot of fun together. We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, rock stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status