We are seeking hardworking freelance writers with proven track records covering the auto industry. We're primarily looking for someone with experience covering auto financing, though stories may also cover car buying best-practices and make and model reviews.
- Working knowledge of auto financing, including direct and indirect lending, refinancing and the process of car purchase and leasing.
- Familiarity with car manufacturers is a plus. If you know: what a “hot” hatchback is, the maximum towing capacity of a Ford 150 and the differences between all-wheel, four-wheel, front-wheel and rear-wheel drive, we’re looking for you.
- Demand rigorous sourcing from pieces you edit
- Please include examples of your auto finance writing
- 2-5 years professional experience in journalism or content marketing, with a preference those with a background in business/finance reporting.
- The writer will be expected to write stories motivated by our internal SEO/keyword research as well as pitch their own ideas for original creative stories.
- Must turn in clean copy that doesn’t require extensive edits and changes.
- Ability to rigorously source articles.
- We are looking for someone who is easy to work with and will take edits well, as we take the quality of our work very seriously.
- You are organized, meet deadlines, and approach hard work with a positive outlook.
- This position will be based in Charlotte or New York City.
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.