At LendingTree our #1 core principle is to build truly outstanding products by helping simplify financial decisions for life’s meaningful moments through choice, education, and support. We strive to find breakthrough ways to surprise and delight our customers with insight and clarity.
This Senior Product Manager role will focus on our core My LendingTree Platform. My LendingTree is a free platform that provides a credit score/report and useful alerts to consumers when our algorithms find opportunities to save money or improve credit. It also provides a personalized experience for consumers who are shopping for financial products. Your goal will be to provide a great customer experience by building and maintaining a scalable platform that our users love. You will primarily be responsible for owning the experience and improving engagement with an eye towards increasing monetization.
- Take ownership over the product experience of My LendingTree with a focus on improving engagement, NPS, and adoption
- Empathize with our user’s needs and obsess about understanding their behavior and experience
- Conceptualize and launch new products and features for helping people understand their personal financial situation, what next steps they should take, and when they should take them
- Focus on improving user experience, engagement, and ultimately profitability and provide the metrics and reports to demonstrate progress in these areas
- Create and maintain 3-month and 6-month product roadmaps, collect requirements, write expressive and complete user stories, and communicate a plan of action with tracked KPIs and key dates
- Own the quality of the product, provide final sign-off of all feature development, and help identify and triage issues
- Work with cross-functional teams across the company (including technology, UX and design, analytics, and product marketing) to drive towards the optimal product experience
- Use market and competitive analysis, business goals, and technology capabilities to assess opportunities
- Solid (5+ years) product management experience in leading large, scalable consumer-facing web and/or mobile applications with a solid understanding of key principals of a world-class product organization
- BS in business, computer science, information technology or related engineering field preferred, but not required
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Strong interests in the personal finance space and a passion to help consumers make smart financial decisions
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum product development or software development methodologies
- Experience in managing multiple projects, with competing resources and priorities. Shown success in delivering these projects on deadline and within budget
- Background in software product management, e-commerce product management, and/or online advertising
- Proficiency in documentation of requirements, use cases, and user stories
- Proven quantitative, statistical and analytical, and technical skills with the ability to use insights to make data-driven decisions
- Strong background of setting and achieving goals of increasing complexity
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively but also autonomously when needed
- Creative problem solver
- Strong sense of entrepreneurial spirit and ownership of projects
LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve helped over 65 million people in the home buying process, while becoming a household name (our brand recognition rivals Bank of America and Wells Fargo). Through MyLendingTree and all of our financial services products, we serve as an indispensable ally for consumers who are looking to comparison shop for loans, home improvement, insurance, educational institutions and autos. We’re publicly traded (TREE), we’re financially sound and we’re on a tear. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place.
Our clothes are casual and relaxed, and our work ethic is highly professional. It is our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, share their perspectives, and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our ambitious goals. We also have a lot of fun together. We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy Rock Stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.