- We are looking for a versatile writer with solid reporting chops who can tackle articles on all facets of debt consolidation and credit with enthusiasm and curiosity.
- Staff writers are expected to write up to 5 articles per week covering a wide range of debt and credit lending topics, from building the perfect credit score to consolidating medical debt and getting out of a payday loan.
- Writer will have the opportunity to pitch original ideas for consideration, as well as working on pre-assigned pieces selected by our team of SEO analysts.
- This writer will report to a managing editor.
- 2-5 years professional experience as a writer, with a preference those with a background in business/finance reporting.
- The writer will be expected to write stories driven by our internal SEO/keyword research as well as pitch their own ideas for original stories.
- Experience covering financing and credit is strongly desired.
- Must be able to conduct interviews and research for the stories you write
- Create and publish content for LendingTree as well as other LendingTree-owned sites such as MagnifyMoney and DepositAccounts.com.
- May be called on to provide content for external sites, such as Forbes, Huffington Post, Entrepreneur, and other partners.
- Contribute to the content team’s and company’s goals by initiating or helping out with projects as needed
- Must turn in clean copy that doesn’t require extensive edits and changes.
- Must be easy to work with and take edits well, as we take the quality of our work very seriously.
- Must be organized, meet deadlines, and approach hard work with a great attitude.
- This position will be based in Charlotte or New York City.
LendingTree was founded in 1996 with a simple mission statement: to put money back into consumers pockets by empowering them with knowledge they can use compare financial products and get the best deal possible.
As part of the LendingTree team, we are publicly traded (TREE), we’re financially sound and we’re in the top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place!
LendingTree’s editorial team consists of nearly two dozen full-time staff writers and editors working diligently to create quality, informative, engaging content for audiences across several LendingTree brands: DepositAccounts.com, MagnifyMoney.com, CompareCards.com, StudentLoanHero.com, and SimpleTuition.com.
Our clothes are casual and relaxed, and our work ethic is highly professional. It is our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, express their opinions, and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our aggressive goals. We also have a lot of fun together! We re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, results-driven Rock Stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.