We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for making a positive difference, solving complex problems efficiently using technology, constantly learning as well as teaching and a strong background in building best-in-class large-scale SaaS or consumer applications.
- Lead the way - "Lead" means staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies and best practices and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way to advance the overall state of technology for the entire organization.
- Own key areas within our platform. "Owning" means envisioning, designing, creating, building and supporting. This infrastructure needs to operate with a high degree of operational excellence.
- Support our developers. "Support" means be the go-to-person for questions but never be a bottleneck, see around the corner and anticipate developers' needs, host brown bags, knowledge-transfer sessions and generally evangelize the platform.
- Be responsible for software architecture including determination of current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, selection of new concepts and methodology, and development of major components.
- Lead by example and produce high-quality code that establishes coding standards and best practices for the team.
- Create technical requirements, software design specifications and other forms of architectural documentation.
- Perform code reviews and have your code reviewed by peers.
- Investigate and resolve application issues, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies.
- Be responsible for mentoring a highly skilled set of Software Engineers.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Effectively communicate technical and business risks to stakeholders to ensure that the most informed decisions are being made.
- Play a critical role in planning, working closely with senior leaders to develop plans, resource requirements, and influence our long-term technical and business strategy.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, with a proven track record of leading large-scale, high availability and fault tolerant SaaS or consumer applications.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience as a Principal-level software engineer.
- Extensive experience with service-oriented architectures, design patterns, web services, and web applications development.
- Deep understanding of system performance trade-offs, load balancing, and engineering for high availability.
- Extensive experience with database design, queueing, caching, containers, APIs, security and the operational aspects of running large systems.
- Excellent planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
- A strong desire, and a track record, of mentoring as well as learning from others.
- Excited by building reliable, self-healing services with robust error handling.
- Experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems.
- Capable of driving and delivering thin slices of end-to-end functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops.
- Strong problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership and deal with ambiguity.
- Well-rounded engineering skills; full-stack development experience.
- Strong experience in agile and test-driven methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You’ll need to create consensus among passionate stakeholders in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills and passionate about answering questions with data.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is a way of life.
- Ruby/Rails experience a plus but not required.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer