LendingHome is a real estate tech company. We won our leadership position in the hearts and minds of our customers by leveraging technology and data to solve their financing needs, and are now building on that success to offer them additional services to help them build and grow their businesses.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for real estate investors—both novice and experienced—to get financing, generate wealth, and build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $7 billion dollars worth of loans across about 32,000+ projects, becoming the nation's largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has grown to a team of over 300 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
Loans funded: More than $7 billion
Market Share: Increased from ~2.5% in Q1 2020 to over 5.5% in Q3 2020.
Financial Impact: Since April 2020, LendingHome has been profitable every month, a rarity for a fast growing fintech company.
Geography: Lending in 28 states, which account for more than 80% of the nation’s real estate market
Homes financed: About 32,000
Principal and interest returned to investors: More than $5.18 billion
Employees: About 320 employees, scaling to 400 in 2021
This is a position that can be based anywhere in the United States, remote or in-office. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our teammates to work from the location that works best for them, whether that is their home office or one of our office locations. We have offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA for those of you that live local and want to work from the office. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates and drive creativity and innovation.
The Valuations team is instrumental in assessing the risk of our mortgage deals. Specifically, the team uses its expertise to order, assess and analyse the value of a subject property. It’s a dynamic department that partners with Customer Experience, Underwriting and Capital Markets to deliver excellent borrower experience and provide support for investors. A qualified Real Estate Valuation Analyst provides analytical support in underwriting mortgage loan investments. Pivotal to the success of a valuation team member candidate is previous experience as a residential real estate appraiser as well as a strong aptitude in finance and economics. Needs to have a thorough understanding of real estate and capital markets vocabulary, good familiarity with analytic programs such as Excel, and an ability to communicate ideas and recommendations orally and in writing, as well as the ability to work independently as a member of a team.
- Perform initial intake steps with prospective borrower applications to evaluate whether collateral falls within LendingHome's parameters for lending
- Researching subject property and comparables based on online sources including county records & MLS, and information provided by real estate professionals and borrowers researching and analyzing collateral as-is and as-repaired value based on variety of factors, including: collected data, replacement cost, borrower’s rehab project, market comparisons, local and regional market and economics
- Allocating value to land, improvements and evaluate plausible exit scenarios
- Presenting verbal and written analysis, being able to defend it and make recommendations to customer experience, operations teams, and 3rd parties valuations providers
- Analyzing data collected through 3d party valuations and interpreting which value is valid and pertinent to the valuation of a specific property
- Rebutting 3rd party valuations
- Responding to questions and concerns regarding property valuations
- Providing analytical support and completing special projects for all functional areas within the real estate loan portfolio
- Tracking vendor variances, conducting collateral checks, and partnering with the servicing team on REO files
- Preferred Associate or Bachelor degree, or 3-5 years experience in sufficient, relevant real estate valuation work
- Experience with as-repaired valuations and appraisal reviews
- Good understanding of return on investment and return on repairs
- 5 years of experience valuing residential real estate in a multi-state lending environment
- Active appraisers license
- Proficiency with online research gathering subjects and comps information
- Written and verbal communication skills; must be able to adapt well to a fast paced and constantly changing business environment;
- PC proficient at the intermediate level; ability to work with new technology systems and paperless environment, demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment and provide excellent customer experience
- Familiarity with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets)
LendingHome in the News
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019
- Pittsburgh Business Times: Voted a “2019 Best Places to Work” and won first runner-up in large company category
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- Pittsburgh Business Times: San Francisco fintech aggressively expands, looks to hire in Pittsburgh
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.