LendingHome is a real estate tech company. We won our leadership position in the hearts and minds of our customers by leveraging technology and data to solve their financing needs, and are now building on that success to offer them additional services to help them build and grow their businesses.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for real estate investors—both novice and experienced—to get financing, generate wealth, and build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $7 billion dollars worth of loans across about 32,000+ projects, becoming the nation's largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has grown to a team of over 300 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
Loans funded: More than $7 billion
Market Share: Increased from ~2.5% in Q1 2020 to over 5.5% in Q3 2020.
Financial Impact: Since April 2020, LendingHome has been profitable every month, a rarity for a fast growing fintech company.
Geography: Lending in 28 states, which account for more than 80% of the nation’s real estate market
Homes financed: About 32,000
Principal and interest returned to investors: More than $5.18 billion
Employees: About 320 employees, scaling to 400 in 2021
This is a position that can be based almost anywhere in the United States, remote or in-office. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our teammates to work from the location that works best for them, whether that is their home office or one of our office locations. We have offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA for those of you that live local and want to work from the office. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates and drive creativity and innovation.
The Accounting team ensures all money movements can be accounted for and ensures LendingHome can generate valuable insights from financial reports. We partner with all areas of the business to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
The Technical Accounting and SEC External Reporting Manager will serve as the technical accounting subject matter expert, and will keep up to date on various new and existing accounting pronouncements, directing and preparing all external financial reporting. This position will drive the reporting process and be an expert in new technical accounting standards around external filings. This role will also be responsible for building the internal process around external financial reporting to the SEC.
- Research new and proposed accounting standards issued by the SEC and FASB, and document technical accounting assessment impactful or relevant to the company
- Monitor, assess and implement new accounting pronouncements applicable to the company and transactions
- Build and maintain technical accounting framework as required
- Interact with external auditors on technical accounting issues and assist in the support of all annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Develop a process to manage the timely and accurate preparation of all external financial reports, including those filed with the SEC ensuring financial statements are in accordance with GAAP guidelines
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and integrity of the company's financial statements in accordance with the US GAAP and SEC Reporting standards, including preparing financial statements, drafting disclosures and MD&A for both annual and quarterly financial statements
- Prepare and manage the quarterly and yearly SEC reporting with appropriate calendar, including coordination with external auditors, executives, finance, legal and investor relations departments, for the non-financial sections of SEC Form 10-Q, 10-K, proxy and 8-K, review XBRL tagging of financial statements and footnotes
- Prepare and compile supporting documents for all SEC filings, ensuring the process is in compliance with SOX
- Develop and monitor external reporting process, including the preparation of the Company’s reporting process narratives and policies
- Stay abreast of changes and activities within the Company and industry to ensure their effects are properly reflected the Company’s financial statements
- Partner with cross-functional teams to prepare relevant materials and presentations consistent with SEC filings, including analyst presentations and other materials
- Prepare and organize the necessary deliverables for quarterly reviews and annual audit of financial statements by external auditors
- BS in Accounting
- CPA Preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years in Big 4 public accounting with relevant experience, or
- Minimum of 5+ years of direct corporate experience with Technical Accounting and SEC financial reporting, and preparation of financial statements, footnotes and disclosures within public companies, preferably in fintech/financial service/mortgage industries
- Strong US GAAP, SEC regulatory acumen, technical accounting knowledge, and understanding of financial reporting requirements
- Experience researching technical accounting guidances, and delivering complicated technical accounting memos and analysis, preferably including ASC 718
- Ability to work in a fast paced, and rapidly growing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with external reporting systems like Workiva is preferred
LendingHome in the News
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- San Francisco Business Times: S.F. fintech aggressively expands into lending for rental houses
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- Officelovin’: A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49