LendingHome is a real estate tech company. We won our leadership position in the hearts and minds of our customers by leveraging technology and data to solve their financing needs, and are now building on that success to offer them additional services to help them build and grow their businesses.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for real estate investors—both novice and experienced—to get financing, generate wealth, and build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $7 billion dollars worth of loans across about 32,000+ projects, becoming the nation's largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has grown to a team of over 300 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
Loans funded: More than $7 billion
Market Share: Increased from ~2.5% in Q1 2020 to over 5.5% in Q3 2020.
Financial Impact: Since April 2020, LendingHome has been profitable every month, a rarity for a fast growing fintech company.
Geography: Lending in 28 states, which account for more than 80% of the nation’s real estate market
Homes financed: About 32,000
Principal and interest returned to investors: More than $5.18 billion
Employees: About 320 employees, scaling to 400 in 2021
This is a position that can be based anywhere in the United States, remote or in-office. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our teammates to work from the location that works best for them, whether that is their home office or one of our office locations. We have offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA for those of you that live local and want to work from the office. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates and drive creativity and innovation.
Your day to day
- Engineer: Architect and own large parts of our complex loan origination platform and associated web applications.
- Maintain a high quality bar: Champion code quality through peer-reviewed designs and code, focusing on test automation using unit, integration and end-to-end testing.
- Reduce Technical Debt: We allocate a certain percentage of each team’s time to tackling engineering initiatives focused on reducing tech debt. Every engineer contributes to these initiatives.
- Execute: Focus on delivering high impact initiatives that provide value to the customer on a daily basis.
- Collaborate: Work closely with our design and product teams as well as with our business stakeholders to build the right solutions for our customers.
- Customer-first: Ensure that our customers are successful and happy.
- Define Technical Strategy: You’ll own technical strategy for broad or complex requirements and come up with insightful and forward-looking approaches that go beyond the direct team and solve large open-ended problems.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for frontend, backend and full stack engineers. It all depends on where you can have the most impact. We have both functional and cross-functional teams. The product-oriented teams are cross-functional and are able to work quickly without taking dependencies in order to deliver the most impact in the shortest amount of time. These cross-functional teams operate like small independent business units with their own goals that align with the company goals.
- Experience: You are a proficient software engineer with 5+ years of professional experience.
- Product focused: You take pride in building high-quality, user-friendly products.
- Problem solver: You excel at understanding and breaking down complex problems. You pay attention to detail.
- Great communicator: You are candid and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences and you can effectively communicate in writing and in person or on a video call.
- Self-driven: You make things happen. You show a strong desire to succeed and are looking for opportunities to learn and grow.
- Productive/Impact-oriented: You are able to get a lot done quickly. You are willing to introduce new processes and technologies to the team that will improve productivity across the whole engineering team.
- Leadership: You show the ability to grow into a company leader. You will work with other leaders across the company to build company culture and to help shape the company’s future.
Nice to have
- Frontend Frameworks: React and GraphQL
- Backend Frameworks: Rails, Node.js, Kafka
- Databases: Postgres, Redis
- Service Oriented Architecture: We are shifting from being a monolithic Rails application to a distributed set of services. Experience having done this in the past is super useful to us.
- AppSec: We handle customer’s private information and we move billions of dollars around. Having experience with application security is important to us.
LendingHome in the News
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- San Francisco Business Times: S.F. fintech aggressively expands into lending for rental houses
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- Officelovin’: A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer