With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for real estate investors—both novice and experienced—to get financing, generate wealth, and build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $7 billion dollars worth of loans across about 32,000+ projects, becoming the nation's largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has grown to a team of over 300 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
- Loans funded: More than $7 billion
- Market Share: Increased from ~2.5% in Q1 2020 to over 5.5% in Q3 2020
- Financial Impact: Since April 2020, LendingHome has been profitable every month, a rarity for a fast growing fintech company.
- Geography: Lending in 28 states, which account for more than 80% of the nation's real estate market
- Homes financed: About 32,000
- Principal and interest returned to investors: More than $5.18 billion
- Employees: About 320 employees, scaling to 400 in 2021
This is a position that can be based anywhere in the United States, remote or in-office. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our teammates to work from the location that works best for them, whether that is their home office or one of our office locations. We have offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA for those of you that live local and want to work from the office. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates and drive creativity and innovation.
LendingHome is seeking a highly analytical and innovative Data Scientist to join our Data team. Data drives every area of LendingHome including marketing, sales, operations, and credit, and you will be collaborating closely with all of these groups to tackle the highest priority strategic questions and to enable excellent, robust data-driven decision making.
- Define, create, and improve metrics and dashboards that precisely and accurately measure the pulse of the business
- Proactively initiate in-depth, rigorous analysis to derive meaningful insights the business can clearly act upon
- Drive improvements in business outcomes by testing new and different strategies through systematic planning and execution of experiments
- Continually explore and iterate statistical models and features to advance our understanding of key underlying business drivers
- Build production grade machine learning pipelines and data products that solve critical, complex problems and deliver business value
- Identify, research, and analyze new data sources that complement and enrich the quality of the data platform
- Support ad hoc analysis requests
- A graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, or related quantitative discipline
- Excellent grasp of fundamentals in statistics and probability
- Expertise in SQL and proven comfort and an intellectual curiosity for working with large sets of data
- Proficiency in coding and software engineering concepts. Fluency in Python/R preferred
- Experience with basic classes of machine learning techniques and algorithms (e.g. regression, classification, boosting, clustering, time series, NLP)
- Ability to partner, collaborate, and communicate well with a diverse set of colleagues, both technical and non-technical, at all levels
- A resourceful and pragmatic approach to problem solving and recognition that the best solutions are sometimes the simplest
- Experience in Hadoop/Spark or other distributed parallel computing paradigms is a plus
- Ability to transform technical analysis into easily digestible visualization is a plus
LendingHome in the News
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- San Francisco Business Times: S.F. fintech aggressively expands into lending for rental houses
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- Officelovin’: A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49