LendingHome is a real estate tech company. We won our leadership position in the hearts and minds of our customers by leveraging technology and data to solve their financing needs, and are now building on that success to offer them additional services to help them build and grow their businesses.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for real estate investors—both novice and experienced—to get financing, generate wealth, and build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $7 billion dollars worth of loans across about 32,000+ projects, becoming the nation's largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has grown to a team of over 300 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
Loans funded: More than $7 billion
Market Share: Increased from ~2.5% in Q1 2020 to over 5.5% in Q3 2020.
Financial Impact: Since April 2020, LendingHome has been profitable every month, a rarity for a fast growing fintech company.
Geography: Lending in 28 states, which account for more than 80% of the nation’s real estate market
Homes financed: About 32,000
Principal and interest returned to investors: More than $5.18 billion
Employees: About 320 employees, scaling to 400 in 2021
This is a position that can be based anywhere in the United States, remote or in-office. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our teammates to work from the location that works best for them, whether that is their home office or one of our office locations. We have offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA for those of you that live local and want to work from the office. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates and drive creativity and innovation.
The Accounting team ensures all money movements can be accounted for and ensures LendingHome can generate valuable insights from financial reports. We partner with all areas of the business to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
LendingHome is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant, Equity to own the day-to-day equity accounting and administration activities. The Senior Accountant, Equity will be a key liaison between Accounting, Finance, Payroll, HR and Legal. The ideal Senior Accountant, Equity candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and welcomes the opportunity to make a difference in a growing, fast-paced organization.
- Accounting for Company equity transactions, including stock-based compensation expense and employee stock purchase program accounting
- Supporting the external reporting and audit needs by preparing the equity footnote and Statement of Shareholders’ Equity
- Calculating basic and diluted earnings-per-share
- Performing and validating the valuations with the assumptions of employee option grants and employee stock purchase program, based on the Black-Scholes model
- Supporting the accounting team with research and documentation for a variety of complex and non-standard transactions as well as general corporate accounting matters, based on the U.S. GAAP
- Recording journal entries, preparing balance sheet reconciliations and equity roll-forwards for Company’s equity-related accounts
- Implementing , enhancing and maintaining the appropriate equity databases to ensure the accuracy at all times
- Partnering with payroll, accounting and tax teams on all equity reportings
- Performing and validating reports from the equity databases, including but not limited to cap tables, participants' summary and details
- Ensuring that internal controls, policies and procedures are documented and followed appropriately with audit trails for the compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Collaborating with the HR team to ensure equity compensation is included in the compensation analysis
- Assisting equity-related education materials in collaboration with the HR and legal teams
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- 3+ years experience required, in equity management and equity accounting in a publicly traded company, Big 4 experience preferred
- Strong experience required with stock options, RSUs and employee stock purchase program
- Comprehensive and current understanding of ASC 718
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of materials and information
- Able to work independently and effectively cross-functionally with various stakeholders
- Able to multitask, prioritize, work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to details required
- Strong organization skills, good work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with stock administration systems like Carta, Shareworks or EquityEdge preferred
LendingHome in the News
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- San Francisco Business Times: S.F. fintech aggressively expands into lending for rental houses
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- Officelovin’: A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49