LendingHome supports real estate investors by offering the opportunity to build successful businesses through a simplified loan process. Our competitive product, innovative technology, and experienced team are changing the way real estate investors receive funding for their fix-and-flip and rental properties, transforming the experience from end to end.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for real estate investors—both novice and experienced—to get financing, generate wealth, and build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $6 billion dollars worth of loans across about 30,000+ projects, becoming the nation's largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has grown to a team of over 300 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
Loans funded: More than $6 billion in fewer than 6 years
Market Share: Increased from ~2.5% in Q1 2020 to over 5.5% in Q3 2020.
Equity raised: $285MM to-date, including $75 million raised in Series E from Benefit Street Partners in December 2020.
Financial Impact: Since April 2020, LendingHome has been profitable every month, a rarity for a fast growing fintech company.
Geography: Lending in 26 states, which account for more than 80% of the nation’s real estate market
Homes financed: About 30,000
Principal and interest returned to investors: More than $5.18 billion
Employees: About 300 employees in San Francisco and Pittsburgh
This is a position that can be based anywhere in the United States, remote or in-office. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our teammates to work from the location that works best for them, whether that is their home office or one of our office locations. We have offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA for those of you that live local and want to work from the office. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates and drive creativity and innovation.
The mortgage business can have many legal and regulatory challenges. To meet those challenges, we’re seeking an energetic, qualified, dynamic individual to fill the role of Licensing Manager. The position will report to LendingHome’s Director of Compliance who is based in San Francisco, CA. The Licensing Manager can report remotely. The Licensing Manager will support all (i) company mortgage lending, servicing and brokering licenses as well as the regulatory examinations related to such licenses and (ii) employee mortgage originator licenses. The ideal candidate should have knowledge of the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Act), familiarity with interaction with regulators, experience in responding to and managing state examinations, and experience in managing mortgage licenses including new applications, renewals, and reporting requirements. The Licensing Manager will also manage and support one or more outside vendors who deliver licensing-related services to LendingHome. The Licensing Manager will also assist with general compliance related activities including but not limited to compliance testing.
In addition, the Licensing Manager will be responsible for assisting with new product licensing requirements, such as real estate broker and sales persons licensing as may be required for new product offerings.
- Research state law requirements to ensure LendingHome is properly registered and licensed to conduct business in the states we choose to enter.
- Provide support to oversee the company licenses, branch licenses and loan officer licenses, including new applications, surrenders, terminations, amended filings, transfers using the NMLS and/or state specific regulatory websites; Assist with loan originator licensing, renewals and monitoring of continuing education, including for qualified individuals and company owners;
- Work closely with sales personnel to ensure individual licensing is obtained and maintained to offer LH products.
- Assist with mortgage call reports.
- Assist with periodic state specific and federal reports
- Monitor legislative and administrative activities in key issue areas. Ensure applicable changes are assigned to appropriate parties across the firm and follow up for proper implementation.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure state licensing and reporting requirements are satisfied via automated and manual processes.
- Determine and obtain appropriate types and amounts of relevant corporate and individual insurance/bond coverage to cover risks to LendingHome and LendingHome personnel.
- Serve as primary point of contact for state examinations, including but not limited to, obtaining and reviewing all requested materials for the examination, reviewing and drafting response to examination results and ensuring any fees are paid timely.
- Ensure reporting for state requirements is accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure LendingHome’s compliance with state usury, disclosure, insurance and other lending laws.
- Assist with ad hoc research on relevant state or federal laws
- Develop and maintain management reporting of licensing status and activities.
- Draft Policies and Procedures
- Assist with compliance monitoring and testing efforts as part of an operational risk framework
- Assist with Fraud escalation and review as necessaryb
- 3+ years of years’ experience of compliance/legal work with focus on state lending laws or state licensing
- Knowledge of NMLS and reporting requirements
- Substantive knowledge and demonstrated expertise in mortgage banking or regulatory compliance (ECOA, OFAC, UDAP, GLBA)
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior writing skills
- Enthusiasm for taking on new responsibilities, even if outside areas of expertise
- Able to work independently and problem solve autonomously in fast-paced environment
- Flexible and willing to take on new challenges
- Enthusiastic about Fintech
LendingHome in the News
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- San Francisco Business Times: S.F. fintech aggressively expands into lending for rental houses
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- Officelovin’: A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49