LendingHome supports real estate investors by offering the opportunity to build successful businesses through a simplified loan process. Our competitive product, innovative technology, and experienced team are changing the way real estate investors receive funding for their fix-and-flip and rental properties, transforming the experience from end to end.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for real estate investors—both novice and experienced—to get financing, generate wealth, and build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $6 billion dollars worth of loans across about 30,000+ projects, becoming the nation's largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has grown to a team of over 300 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
Loans Funded: More than $6 billion in fewer than 6 years
Market Share: Increased from ~2.5% in Q1 2020 to over 5.5% in Q3 2020
Equity Raised: $285MM to-date, including $75 million raised in Series E from Benefit Street Partners in December 2020
Financial Impact: Since April 2020, LendingHome has been profitable every month, a rarity for a fast growing fintech company
Geography: Lending in 26 states, which account for more than 80% of the nation’s real estate market
Homes Financed: About 30,000
Principal and interest returned to investors: More than $5.18 billion
Employees: About 300 employees in San Francisco and Pittsburgh
This is a position that can be based anywhere in the United States, remote or in-office. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our teammates to work from the location that works best for them, whether that is their home office or one of our office locations. We have offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA for those of you that live local and want to work from the office. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates and drive creativity and innovation.
This role will support the operational functions of the business, including: loan‐level origination problem solving including but not limited to origination exceptions and loan decisioning outside of LendingHome standard guidelines. Main responsibilities include:
- Providing loan‐level document and contract drafting, negotiation and management;
- Assisting with fraud investigations as needed
- Assisting with documentation of condo conversions and sub-divisions
- Reviewing easement, survey and other real estate related factual matters
- Coordinating with Risk Department on credit policy application and exceptions
- Advising upon and review trust documents, borrowing entity formation, and other unusual loan scenarios supporting underwriting and loan processing
- Advising on a broad range of servicing-related issues involving collections, payment application and other issues.
Managing corporate litigation and pre‐litigation disputes:
- Advising and consulting with Default Servicing on litigation strategy
- Assigning and managing outside litigation counsel, including any regular status meetings with core counsel.
- Reviewing and amending pleadings as necessary
- Ensuring corporate litigation strategies are followed in each case
- Negotiating fees and matter budgets, including alternative fee arrangements when appropriate
- Reviewing, approving or rejecting fee bills for payment
- Working with paralegals on litigation reporting
- Ensuring appropriate corporate insurance claims are filed in connection with defensive litigation
- Pursuing title insurance claims
- Analyzing for propriety of claim
- Drafting and submitting claims with appropriate supporting documents
- Tracking acceptance or rejection, disputing rejections as appropriate
- Consulting with outside counsel on escalation of legal action against rejecting insurers
- Coordinating matter defense with insurer appointed counsel
- Providing consultation on the pursuit of loan guarantors in legal actions
Assisting senior attorneys with template mortgage loan document creation and management:
- Selecting and managing assigned outside counsel when required
- Researching state law and modifying documents as appropriate
- Advising business on contents and use of template legal documents
- Coordinating with operations on implementation of new or changed documents
- Researching and drafting memoranda concerning state and federal mortgage lending, servicing, and foreclosure law compliance
- Negotiating NDAs and licensing agreements
- Managing and coordinating outside counsel on all of the above
- 5 or more years of experience in‐house or at a national law ﬁrm
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school
- Member of a state bar association in the U.S.
- Substantive knowledge and demonstrated expertise in mortgage banking and one or more of the following specific related practice areas: litigation; loan origination; loan servicing
- Working knowledge of mortgage lending laws and regulations as well as secondary mortgage market
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior writing skills
- Enthusiasm for taking on new responsibilities, even if outside areas of expertise
- Able to learn new areas of the law quickly
- Able to work independently and problem solve autonomously in fast‐paced environment
- Flexible and willing to take on new challenges
- Familiarity with capital markets a plus
LendingHome in the News
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- San Francisco Business Times: S.F. fintech aggressively expands into lending for rental houses
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
- Officelovin’: A Tour of LendingHome's New San Francisco Headquarters
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49